Miami Hotels with Shuttles?

envirochick

Are there any Miami hotels that have both airport and cruise port shuttles? Is it best to stay near the cruise port? What is the cost (generally) of the taxi to the cruise port from hotels near the airport? Do you recommend not staying near the airport and staying closer to the docks? Thanks.

Here are 3 of the places that I know that have transportation included.

Days Inn-- airport.

Days Inn-- Port.... I have stayed at both of these and would honestly say that they are really only worth it if you are paying under 60 dollars for the stay and you are staying for very few hours. Good for late evening arrivals to Miami and plans to head to the port early in the morning.

Holiday Inn-- airport. I am not familar with this hotel. If anyone has information I would appreciate it..... we are deciding between this Holiday Inn and the Holiday Inn by the port ( no transportation included). Does anyone know what time they will start transportation from the Holiday Inn by the airport? We like to get to the port by 10:30 am for early embarkation.

Thanks for the reply. I'm really surprised there's so little information on this subject posted. This is our first time cruising out of Miami in a long time. I would think all hotels in and arround the port would have some type of shuttle service, either free or for hire. I've been to websites for Marriott, Hilton and Sheraton. They only discuss airport shuttles and proximity to the port as opposed to shuttle service to the port.

We'll be arriving in the early evening the night before so we need a hotel that is near a restaurant. While less expensive is better, we won't sacrifice cleanliness for cost. I guess convenience is the biggest issue for the pre-cruise stay. We're also staying in Miami post-cruise. For that stay we'll have a couple of days and I'd like something more upscale and well located where it's easy and safe to get around.

So any other suggestions out there?

Thanks for the reply. I'm really surprised there's so little information on this subject posted. This is our first time cruising out of Miami in a long time. I would think all hotels in and arround the port would have some type of shuttle service, either free or for hire. I've been to websites for Marriott, Hilton and Sheraton. They only discuss airport shuttles and proximity to the port as opposed to shuttle service to the port.

?

The hotels around the port are mainly for business travel as the hotels closest to the port are in downtown Miami. Such a small part of Miami's tourism is cruise ship passengers that there is no need to cater to them providing free shuttles and the like.

Last Feb. we stayed at the Courtyard Miami Airport South. Free shuttle from airport to hotel, shuttle for hire the next day to the port. Worked out like a charm - no hassle at all.

This Courtyard is attached to both the Fairfield and a full-scale Mariott so you will have no problem finding food for dinner.

Just make sure (if you stay at the Courtyard) that they don't put you in a room next to the Office/Internet area. The sliding doors operate continuously, and they are not quiet.

I thought the pool area was lovely.

Hope this helps.

we've stayed at the Hyatt down town Miami very nice it was $20 taxi ride to port,if you are on carnival you can pre reg. there that was helpfull, and if you rent a car enterprise is located in the hotel and they should give you a ride to the port when you turn in your car. ENJOY JK

we've stayed at the Hyatt down town Miami very nice it was $20 taxi ride to port,if you are on carnival you can pre reg. there that was helpfull, and if you rent a car enterprise is located in the hotel and they should give you a ride to the port when you turn in your car. ENJOY JK

We cruised out of Miami in March 06. We stayed at Red Roof Inn. It offered free shuttle from airport to hotel, and from hotel to port. It also had a free continental breakfast (muffins, donuts, juice and coffee). It had a nice pool too. I would recommend this place if you are not looking for anything fancy, just a nice quiet and clean hotel pre cruise.

As it turned out, we did not use the free shuttle, as we wanted to get an earlier start to the port than the shuttle would have been. We asked the front desk to call a cab for us. There were 4 of us so we wanted a van. The clerk at the front desk was very protective. A cab driver walked in to the lobby offering us a ride, and she would not let us go with him, and basically kicked him out. Our "cab" was a shuttle that cost us only $10 each, and had other people on it. It worked out very well for us. If I was cruising out of Miami, I would stay there again.:D

Auntiecruiser

If you don't mind me asking how much were the rooms there?? And in what area is it located in? Is there anything in walking distance? Restaurants, shops, state store etc???

Thanks

We'll be arriving in the early evening the night before so we need a hotel that is near a restaurant. While less expensive is better, we won't sacrifice cleanliness for cost. I guess convenience is the biggest issue for the pre-cruise stay. We're also staying in Miami post-cruise. For that stay we'll have a couple of days and I'd like something more upscale and well located where it's easy and safe to get around.

So any other suggestions out there?

I just stayed ( 5/12/06) at the La Quinta/Baymont on LeJeune Rd. The hotel was very clean, the staff was extremely pleasant & helpful, the free breakfast in the morning was very nice & more than just the run of the mill continental one offered by most hotels.. They offer a shuttle from the airport to the hotel & then to the cruise pier. There is a Bennigan's right next door for dinner but beyond that there is nothing within walking distance. For the price & convience this is a great LITTLE hotel for a 1 night stay.

We are staying at the Holiday Inn - Port of Miami pre-cruise (easyclick - Miami Downtown - 3-4 star - pick the $98 option!). I know they have a shuttle to the port in the morning but I also know the hotel will probably be full of cruisers all wanting a ride! No big deal (this happened to us in FLL precruise as all the shuttles were pre-booked and nothing available til after 1 pm).

I too like to get the port earlier rather than later so will grab a taxi if required - I can't imagine it will cost very much from the hotel?

We also get the convenience of Bayside Marketplace across the street for dinner, drinks, the view and entertainment - a great way to start off the vacation in my opinion.

Frouf:cool:

We have reservations at the LaQuinta on Lejeune Road in October. I called them to ask of there was any sort of store within walking distance to buy water & cokes. They said there is a gas station. Do you remember seeing a gas station within walking distance? Your post stated that there was nothing in walking distance except a Bennigans.

Auntiecruiser

If you don't mind me asking how much were the rooms there?? And in what area is it located in? Is there anything in walking distance? Restaurants, shops, state store etc???

Thanks

We paid about $99 per room. There was a restaurant right next door, but I don't know if there were any stores. We actually brought some stuff to eat with us, we knew after traveling all day, we would not want to walk anywhere. So we just stayed in our room, and I truthfully did not pay much attention when we drove to the port. Sorry, I can't be more helpful.

I like this hotel, tho' I'm not happy with the recent price increase. I was there Nov. 05 and 4 of us had a two double bed room for $100 plus the 13% taxes. For my April 2007 cruise it's up to $153 before taxes. BUT...I love being across from Bayside Market and so close to the port. I am not one to wait on shuttles...too impatient...when it's time to go I gotta go!!! I believe it was a $25 cab ride from the airport and $10 ride to the port!

Hi envirochick,

I booked the Holiday Inn at Miami's International for 1 nt. in Jan 07. It seems that there isn't much info on the boards regarding this hotel. I'm taking a chance that it's clean and safe.My cruise is close to superbowl time and I wanted to make sure a had something booked. The hotel offers free shuttle to and from the airport and drop off only to the port. I will probably call the hotel directly just to get more info.

The HI at the Port is booked for my pre-cruise stay (Labor Day-Carnival Valor). I liked the idea of the Hyatt having a Carnival pre-registration desk. I'm going to check that out. Do any other hotels do pre-registration? Based on your posts I'm starting to think a shuttle to the port is not the best way to go. If we want to get there around 10:30 or 11:00 am, it sounds as though we may not have that option with a shuttle.

Any suggestions on where to stay at the beach for a couple of days after the cruise?

Last Feb. we stayed at the Courtyard Miami Airport South. Free shuttle from airport to hotel, shuttle for hire the next day to the port. Worked out like a charm - no hassle at all.

This Courtyard is attached to both the Fairfield and a full-scale Mariott so you will have no problem finding food for dinner.

Just make sure (if you stay at the Courtyard) that they don't put you in a room next to the Office/Internet area. The sliding doors operate continuously, and they are not quiet.

I thought the pool area was lovely.

Hope this helps.

Solid Gold did you have the Escape Package? It states on the escape package that travel to the port is included. I thought that is what it said anyway. Please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
I just stayed ( 5/12/06) at the La Quinta/Baymont on LeJeune Rd. The hotel was very clean' date=' the staff was extremely pleasant & helpful, the free breakfast in the morning was very nice & more than just the run of the mill continental one offered by most hotels.. They offer a shuttle from the airport to the hotel & then to the cruise pier. There is a Bennigan's right next door for dinner but beyond that there is nothing within walking distance. For the price & convience this is a great LITTLE hotel for a 1 night stay.[/color']

Can you tell me what time the shuttle left? Just curious if it was early enough and how it was?

Thanks,

Andy

Archived