Anything you want to know

janetz

Any questions you have about the island of St.Thomas, post here. My son has been there for 10 years. I can ask him any questions if you like. His wife helps run the ferry from Red Hook to St. John. :p

Hello,

Jenny - Don't know what the cruises charge? You can parasail through the Dive Shop/Water Sports booth on the beach at Sapphire. They charge $69 a person. You can parasail from Coral World also: http://www.coralworldvi.com/parasailing.shtml.

dsnygrl - the least would be to take the public bus or dollar ride; after that option there is renting a car or taking a taxi. Taxi is $9 a person from Havensight (where most ships dock) to Coral World so $72 for the 4 in your group both ways. Renting an economy car might work out to be about that same price. You can review the transportation options and see what works best for you at http://www.*****/stthomas/getting_around_stt/.

--Islander

Well I was sending all these questions to our son but it seems that Islander has it covered. Our son is in Red Hook. You can grab an open air bus to Red Hook, about 2.00. When you exit the ship walk to the main street and take a left. Less than 2 blocks up on the left is the sbus stop. ...Islander, maybe you know our son and his wife. They have been there awhile. He handles charters out of Red Hook, and has his own sailboat that he does that with also. He will captain a 85ft power yacht in the fall out of Red Hook....Orion Charters? ;)

Hello,

Gary - Havensight (where most ships dock) to Magens Bay is $8 pp, ow. Takes about 15 minutes. There is a taxi stand area at Magens Bay so getting a taxi when you are ready to leave is easy. Magens Bay has an admission fee Adults $3 ($1/residents), Car $1, Kids .25 cents.

Janetz - No I don't know Randy.

--Islander

Janetz

Visiting St. Thomas for the 5th time in March 2007. Have done

Godfrey Tours, snorkled,, taken ferry to St. John and did a snorkel

tour and spent the day at Meghans bay.

We are in our mid 50s and early 60's. Would your son be able to recommend something different for an excursion this time? Is there any

other tours that go deeper into the island or that just do something out

of the ordinary?

Thanks for any recommendations.

Joyce

Hello,

Gary - Havensight (where most ships dock) to Magens Bay is $8 pp, ow. Takes about 15 minutes. There is a taxi stand area at Magens Bay so getting a taxi when you are ready to leave is easy. Magens Bay has an admission fee Adults $3 ($1/residents), Car $1, Kids .25 cents.

--Islander

Sounds like the cost for the four of us will be $76.00 plus tip for the taxi and admission to Megan's Bay.

Thanks for the info.

Hello,

Flilady - Last I checked the food booth at Trunk Bay sold beer... so not sure what you heard is accurate.

Cruiseky - when I spoke with the folks at Sapphire last week they said they did not have a date for the restaurant/bar reopening. I'll check back with them in a few weeks & see if there is any news.

--Islander

http://www.*****

Hi I just booked an excursion with VI Ecotours....didn't go through ship for this excursion....any info on this? Also we arrive @ 10AM leave 8PM...excursion is 1:30....is there a difference in "ship time" and "island time"? Should we try to do the tram for Paradise Point?

Hi Janet -

Does your son have an input as to the kayak, hike, and snorkel excursion? Is it worth the money? We're an active family that likes the outdoors.

Thanks for offering to answer all of our questions!

Hi Janet -

Does your son have an input as to the kayak, hike, and snorkel excursion? Is it worth the money? We're an active family that likes the outdoors.

Thanks for offering to answer all of our questions!

Just a suggestion, but maybe you could start a new thread entitled, "Kayak, Hike & Snorkel Excursion through the ship". You might find a few people that have been on it and can give you their opinion.

I have been to St. Thomas many times, but have never done that one. Hope that helps!

We've been to St Thomas a few times on cruises but we've never been to St John. We are 3 families in our 40's-50's with kids (19-23). We are not into snorkeling or diving. Would like to go to St John but would like more than just a bus tour around the island and stopping at a beach for 1 hour. One of my friends has difficulty with a lot of walking on uneven ground. We need to keep it interesting for the kids as well. The cruise lines tours are for 4 hours and we will be in port from 11am - 1am the next morning.

Also, from the cruise port, are there any clubs that the kids can go to safely?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi:

Going on Explorer in September and will be arriving in St. Thomas at 1pm. DH/I would like to go on a land tour and spend a few hours at Megan's Bay. I started researching some of the tour companies and was wondering if anyone is familiar with them or has used them, etc.

The two companies that I'm currently looking at are...

Have Fun With Us ~ www.havefunwithus.com

Sunny Liston Tours ~ www.sunnylistontours.com

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Normally, DH/I go through the cruise line but the prices are too high and we're not keen on some of them either.

Thanks so much for your help. If there are other businesses in St. Thomas that are good please let me know.

Archived