Just returned from first cruise

First, I want to say thanks to this board. I have been lurking for a few months and really learned alot prior to my cruise.

As a first timer so much to know so little time to learn.

Just returned from the Mariner of the Seas Eastern cruise 6/11-6/18. Thanks to the boards arrived at the port around 11 am. Plently of people in line for checkin. Process was continuous and smooth. Family and I were on board by 12:15 pm.

We had booked our excursions on line about a month prior to the cruise, so we did not have to do anything on board.

Got to our room after lunch. Expected a small cubicle but actually was quite surprised. We had a balcony on the 7th deck forward. Room layout and storage very good. Our kids were across the hall.

The Mariner was beautiful. Huge. With 3600+ people on board you would never know it. We hardly saw the same people twice.

The family thought the food was great. Dining room service was great. We lucked out with a table for 6 in Top Hat and Tails near the windows. We had early seating and could watch the ocean during dinner.

Excursions were good. Some better organized than others.

Becky the cruise director was awesome. There was plenty of entertainment. did not even come close to seeing everything there is.

Disembarkation was easy.

Glad to be home.

Will answer any questions.

Thanks again to the boards for all your help.:)

Now you have gone and made me more excited:D . We sail on the Mariner on Nov 12th. We will have our first balcony so we are looking forward to that. Did you do the western or the eastern? We are doing the eastern and are trying to decide on our excursions. Did you go down the day before? We might do that, just not sure yet.

I glad your family had a great time.

Becky the cruise director was awesome.

My wife and I love Becky Thompson as CD. We sailed with her twice last year on Voyager, and she is by far the best CD we've had. Very visible throughout the cruise (not just at the shows) and very entertaining on stage as well. I know that to some her 'Hello, Luv!" is grating, but to us it's just great.

Ron

Thanks for the review. Wondered what type of excursions you went on and what your thoughts are on them! We are going on the Mariner (July 23rd) and are trying to figure out what to book. We are a family of five with 3 children ages 15, 14, and 12.

Whitsmom

We arrived Friday for our Sunday cruise. We booked our own airfare (DH had frequent flyer). We stayed in Orlando and visited Universal on Saturday then left around 10 am for Port Canaveral.

Scgirlie:

Our excursions:

On CocoCay we did the kayak adventure. It was pretty windy that day. The kayak adventure was a lot of work. They offered a refund but we opted to do it anyway. We decided it was worth it for an extra dessert.:D

by the way our kids are 22, 20,and 16.

In St. Thomas we did the Ultimate Island Adventure. This was a good excursion since we had never been to St. Thomas. The beach at Magen's bay was incredible. Lots of beach vendors, beware. They go away with a simple no thankyou.

In St. Martin we did the Beach Rendevous. This was very nice and organized.

The best part of Becky as the cruise director was "whatever you do, do it with a smile".

First, I want to say thanks to this board. I have been lurking for a few months and really learned alot prior to my cruise.

As a first timer so much to know so little time to learn.

Just returned from the Mariner of the Seas Eastern cruise 6/11-6/18. Thanks to the boards arrived at the port around 11 am. Plently of people in line for checkin. Process was continuous and smooth. Family and I were on board by 12:15 pm.

We had booked our excursions on line about a month prior to the cruise, so we did not have to do anything on board.

Got to our room after lunch. Expected a small cubicle but actually was quite surprised. We had a balcony on the 7th deck forward. Room layout and storage very good. Our kids were across the hall.

The Mariner was beautiful. Huge. With 3600+ people on board you would never know it. We hardly saw the same people twice.

The family thought the food was great. Dining room service was great. We lucked out with a table for 6 in Top Hat and Tails near the windows. We had early seating and could watch the ocean during dinner.

Excursions were good. Some better organized than others.

Becky the cruise director was awesome. There was plenty of entertainment. did not even come close to seeing everything there is.

Disembarkation was easy.

Glad to be home.

Will answer any questions.

Thanks again to the boards for all your help.:)

I was also on the Mariner last week and loved it! I'm hoping to do more of a review once I tackle all the unpacking and laundry. We just got home today, and I'm already thinking about the next one. :)

I was also on the Mariner last week and loved it! I'm hoping to do more of a review once I tackle all the unpacking and laundry. We just got home today, and I'm already thinking about the next one. :)

My husband and I did the TA crossing on Brilliance in April and loved it (it was a second cruise). About a month after we got home, we were sitting in the backyard staring at each other (drinks in hand), and we both sighed at the same time. He said "I've discovered a new disease. It's called Post-Cruise Depression." :(

Trying to find a way to do another one soon.:o

Archived