Dinner in Tortola?

CECRN

We are in port from 2-10 PM and are wondering how far, and how much a cab would cost to a beach/waterfront restaurant for dinner. Any recommendations would also be appreciated. We are going on a 4 hour snorkeling trip, and would like to have dinner on Tortola after the trip. Thanks for any help that you can give us!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello,

We spent a week sailing in BVI and have been all around the Carribean. The best restaurant ever is Fort Burke. Don't miss it and make a reservation to be sure to get a table. The place in nothing less than fabulous in every way. I am pretty sure it is not that far from where the ships dock via taxi. Give yourself enough time though. All places in BVI move at the Island's pace - very relaxed. Enjoy!

The place Ettiene is speaking of is Fort Burt, I have never eaten there so can not comment on their food. My personal favorite in Road Town is Spaghetti Junction. The food and service is excellent and don't worry about the name, it's not just a pasta joint.

If you go out of town try Coco Plums in Apple Bay, Jolly Roger in West End, Sugar Mill in Carrot Bay, Bananakeets on Windy Hill (great views),

Pisces in Soper's Hole, or Peg Leg's in Nanny Cay.

We are in port from 2-10 PM and are wondering how far, and how much a cab would cost to a beach/waterfront restaurant for dinner. Any recommendations would also be appreciated. We are going on a 4 hour snorkeling trip, and would like to have dinner on Tortola after the trip. Thanks for any help that you can give us!

If you only have one night ion tortola, then Mrs. Scatliffs is a must. It is a local place in every sense of the word. Call ahead to make reservations early and place your dinner order. The menu will be small and easy to pick from. Find a taxi in town to take you, negotiate a round trip and let him know that you are going to Bomba's after dinner. He will take you to the restarunt, come back for you, take you to Bomba's ( no more then 3 Bomba punches, and make sure the driver only has 2! Yes, he will do doubt be partying also.

Part of the excitement for the evening is watching him negotiate the switch backs along the mountain road.

After dinner, you will get a little bit of Mrs. Scatliffs sermon. I don't care what your faith is, wether you believe in Jesus or not, All she is talkng about is love and respect, and who can't stand to hear a little more of that.! You might also be hearing some island music.

Another note about the Bomba Shack, if you go during the Full Moon Party, you won't forget it, even if you have some of the mushroom tea.

(not reccommended if you need to pass a urine test on your return from vacation)

enjoy

vincenzo:)

If you have to be back on board by 10, go early to dinner so you can spend a little time at Bomba's. The palce really doesn't get hopping until 10 or 11...

too bad, cruise linies just don't spend enough time on Tortola...:(

vincenzo

... My personal favorite in Road Town is Spaghetti Junction. The food and service is excellent and don't worry about the name, it's not just a pasta joint.

I second Spaghetti Junction in Road Town. I spent a week in Tortola and it was the best restaurant we ate at - outstanding food.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We ate at Spaghetti Junction last week based on pyrate 13's recommendation. He was right on the money. Was excellent. The gnocchi w/ gorgonzola was to die for. Everything is alacarte w/ entrees mostly in the $22-28 range. Good service and good food. About a 10 min or less taxi ride from downtown. Was a nice break from the ship's dining room.

Archived