Booking for somebody and Cancelling Later...

laginog

Can you book a 4th person in your stateroom and then cancel them closer to your cruise if the 4th person cannot go? We're planning a family cruise and one family member is not sure if they can go yet for work reasons. However, we will need a Quad cabin instead of a Triple if they do go....and we know they generally book more quickly. Plus, it's a Holiday week that we're considering. What is the penalty for cancelling the one person? We would initially be booking two cabins, the one inside Quad, plus a Balcony for two. Thanks for any help!!

I have never cruised Princess Lines ( will be on July 2, 2006) but have cruised Royal Carribean and I'm sure Princess is the same. As long as you cancel the 4th person before final payment you will not pay a penalty and get a refund for their payments. Now if you did your booking online, they may charge a penalty fee for the cancelation of that 4th person. If booked through the cruiseline there is no penalty on cancelations, as long as it is done before final payment.

When we booked my grandfather was booked in with my parents in an aft BB. At the time they were only reserving this cabin for a triple so it worked out well seeing that me and my family were booking the Vista Suite directly next door. Unfortunately, I had to cancel my grandfather as his health has not allowed him to accompany us. It was no probelm to cancel him as it was still before final payment was due. My parents are still booked in the BB and we are only 66 days out from our cruise.

If the person cancels before final payment, there's no cancellation fee and you'll get your deposit back.

Checking my documents for my Island Princess cruise, there's a 50% penalty if the booking is cancelled 60 days prior to sailing; 75% penalty 30 days prior; and 100% penalty 14 days prior. For a holiday cruise, since final payment is earlier than usual, those penalty dates might be different.

Keep in mind that if you book two cabins and one person in one of the cabins cancels, the remaining single is charged the single fare (160 - 200% of the per person charge.)

If the person is unsure whether they can go close to final payment, you should strongly consider getting insurance that would pay the fare.

We have a cabin with 2 lower berths and 2 upper. We currently have our dd going with us. We are considering inviting ds but are not sure if he will actually want to go....We have the cabin booked for 3, can we add him later if needed? The cost for the 3 and 4th person is so cheap....I wouldnt care if we lost the fare....but I am wondering if it would be too late to add a 4th to the cabin....

This scenario probably wont happen as I said, he is 20 and doesnt find staying around us fun too much of the time, but who knows maybe this phase will pass too.

I have never cruised Princess Lines ( will be on July 2, 2006) but have cruised Royal Carribean and I'm sure Princess is the same. As long as you cancel the 4th person before final payment you will not pay a penalty and get a refund for their payments. Now if you did your booking online, they may charge a penalty fee for the cancelation of that 4th person. If booked through the cruiseline there is no penalty on cancelations, as long as it is done before final payment.

There is no cancellation fees for 3rd and 4th pax as long as there is still one orginal passenger from the time the booking was created. There could be cancellation fees for air, but not for the cruise itself. You can even cancel them long after final payment. Since the cabin is still a double occp. at least, there is no penalty, even if you cancel the passenger 3 days prior to sailing.

but I am wondering if it would be too late to add a 4th to the cabin....

even though your cabin can hold at 3rd or 4th passenger, it does not mean there is space for them onboard the ship. there are only so many cabins that they can fully book with up to 4 people. once they hit a certain passenger number in the area's of those cabins, they can hit a fire safety zone. once you hit that number, then even if your cabin holds them, you cannot add them.

however if the uppers, as they call it are still open, then you can add a 3rd or 4th passenger all the way up to the week of sailing, but do not expect to get transfers or air.

We have a cabin with 2 lower berths and 2 upper. We currently have our dd going with us. We are considering inviting ds but are not sure if he will actually want to go....We have the cabin booked for 3, can we add him later if needed? The cost for the 3 and 4th person is so cheap....I wouldnt care if we lost the fare....but I am wondering if it would be too late to add a 4th to the cabin....

This scenario probably wont happen as I said, he is 20 and doesnt find staying around us fun too much of the time, but who knows maybe this phase will pass too.

It is possible that you would not be able to add a 4th to a cabin (if the overall ship occupancy is already at capacity), so it would be safer to book it as a quad now and then cancel the 4th pax if he doesn't want to sail...

Ok....another ??...If we add ds as the 4th pax, given there is room....and he decided not to go....can we cancel him and change the ressie to another persons name or would that cancellation go to someone on the waitlist....??

Ok....another ??...If we add ds as the 4th pax, given there is room....and he decided not to go....can we cancel him and change the ressie to another persons name or would that cancellation go to someone on the waitlist....??
If you cancel or change the name of the 4th passenger before final payment, there is no penalty. Once final payment has been made, there's a $50 charge to change the name of a passenger so that if DS can't go but DD wants to bring a friend after final payment is made, you can do that for $50.

If you cancel or change the name of the 4th passenger before final payment, there is no penalty. Once final payment has been made, there's a $50 charge to change the name of a passenger so that if DS can't go but DD wants to bring a friend after final payment is made, you can do that for $50.

I know of incidents when cabins are booked through online TA (not directly with the individual cruiselines) where pax were charged a PENALTY of $50.00 for certain types of changes to the original booking. Whether it is before or after final payment. The penalty is stated in the contract from the Vacation Superstore when the reservation is made.

Archived