who is your favorite cruise director and who is the director on the Celebration

dryehair

Hey everyone.....we have been on Carnival several times......my favorite cruise director was a guy named John (something).......he was the cruise director on the Paradise 2002......he was the best ever...also was wondering who is the cruise director on the Celebration now....we are cruising her July 15th......hope whoever they are, they are good....they can make or break a show......as we have had a bad one.....i wont mention his name......not going to be rude......but let me know what you guys think?

I don't know that I have a "favorite" CD, but John Heald (Victory March 2002) is certainly the most memorable one. You certainly knew who the CD was on that cruise, not something I can say about all our cruises. He was very good and extremely funny. The skit he led with cruiser participation right after the talent show towards the end of the cruise was something we will never forget. Talk about ROTFLMAOAPIMP!

"Big Tex" was the CD on our Celebration cruise in April. I thought he did a really good job.

My favorite CD is Risa Barnes, who was on the Celebration until March.

I understand she is now on the Inspiration, so I am already looking to book a trip on that ship.

I hate it that you will miss her on the Celebration because she is the heart and soul of that ship. She started on the Celebration eight years ago as a cocktail waitress and has done almost every job on the ship.

Risa is great because she is personable, friendly, and goes beyond just standing up and cracking a few jokes. She truly seeks to see every guest have a great time on their cruise. As another person put it...she is the nearest to Julie McCoy you will find in a real CD.

Even with her gone, you will have a great time on the Celebration. It is a fantastic ship and a wonderful crew.

Have a great time!!

I would have to say the only one I have ever remembered is John Heald. He was on the Liberty last year in EU. A name and a man that is unforgetable in every way.

We had a very nice English guy on our First Cruise the Imagination, cannot remember his name but it was his last cruise and he was leaving to take a job in Las vegas.

John Heald thats the one i was thinking of......he had us in stiches.....GREAT CD.......thanks i have heard only good things about the Celebration, even if it is a smaller ship......and cant wait to hear Big Tex......like i said most all have been great.....Sensation, Imgination, Holiday, and now the Celebration.....son wants to go on a really BIG ship.....maybe in the fall......and thanks guys for the information.

David

My favorite CD is Risa Barnes, who was on the Celebration until March.

I hate it that you will miss her on the Celebration because she is the heart and soul of that ship. She started on the Celebration eight years ago as a cocktail waitress and has done almost every job on the ship.

Risa is great because she is personable, friendly, and goes beyond just standing up and cracking a few jokes. She truly seeks to see every guest have a great time on their cruise. As another person put it...she is the nearest to Julie McCoy you will find in a real CD.

I'm really sad to hear that Risa is no longer there. I thought she played a major role in keeping the Celebration from becoming the typical short cruise, with an overemphasis on partying. It will be interesting to see if that wonderful aspect stays the same, or changes with a new CD.

We just love George (Jorge after 5pm) Salano from the Elation & Todd Wittmer from the Conquest. George was more the comedian where Todd was the entertainer.I've heard alot about John Heald though. Maybe someday we'll get to see him also.

Another vote for Risa Barnes. She is the best! Clearly she loves what she does and wants every guest to get the most out of their cruise. She is the only CD I have ever seen actually walking around the ship, talking to people and really listening to any concerns or questions. The Celebration's loss is the Inspiration's gain.

Kevin Warner, our CD on the Norwegian Sea two years ago was great too. Very personable and knew everything about the ship and the ports. Wonder if he's still around??

Mark Price is the BEST! Does anyone know who the CD on the Triumph is? I'll be aboard the Triumph in 11 days.

Looks like it is time to retrieve the ole' CD list and update it ...how about it folks?

Mark Price - great

Paul Santley - great

Risa Barnes - great

It is hard to say a "favorite" because they all have had their own special gifts!

We loved John Heald. He was on the Glory 2004, but last I heard he was only doing the European cruise on the Liberty..The info came from the Captain on the Conquest..He was on the Glory at the same time as John.Pur cruise was last month on the Conquest

John was absolutely the best!!!!

I don't know that I have a "favorite" CD, but John Heald (Victory March 2002) is certainly the most memorable one. You certainly knew who the CD was on that cruise, not something I can say about all our cruises. He was very good and extremely funny. The skit he led with cruiser participation right after the talent show towards the end of the cruise was something we will never forget. Talk about ROTFLMAOAPIMP!

"Big Tex" was the CD on our Celebration cruise in April. I thought he did a really good job.

"Big Tex"??? Unfortunately, he's not a comedian - he's a joke:rolleyes:

Archived