30+ Losers Club - Week Of June 19th

Froufie

Clean fresh new pages to write on! Let us know how you're doing and what your upcoming goals are!

I am on my cruise countdown (83 days) and have already lost 7 lbs - would love to lose another 23 by sailaway. Can I do it? Stay tuned! (I did go to the gym today and guzzled lots of water.....and I actually got my wedding rings off today for a good cleaning - it has been a VERY LONG time since that has happened!:eek: )

Later,

Froufie:cool:

My cruise is a little bit farther away than yours but thats a good thing cause my weight isn't coming off as fast as yours I don't think.I hope to lose at least 25 pounds by Nov. so I also went to the gym today. The water drinking I have trouble with I can't seem to drink all Iam suspose to.

Next week DH is on vacation and we are going camping which could be hazzardest to the healthy way of eating. But with DH also trying to lose weight and doing a better job at it than me maybe we will keep each other on the right track.We will see ;)

Nice job on the thread Froufie clean pages with lots of room for people to come and motivate and/or cheer each other on at losing weight.

Good evening!

I made it to the gym today and met with my trainer. I also did 15 minutes on the bike and 30 minutes on the elliptical. I am back early in the morning before I start work for the day. My eating was not the best today so I hope for a better day tomorrow.

I'll check back in tomorrow. Are we still on for a weigh in on Thursday?

Good work Stephanie - very impressive with the exercise.

I unfortunately either slept funny or did something bad as I have had shooting pains thru my neck and left shoulder all day - hurts when I turn my head to the left (real fun when driving and trying to shoulder check!). Decided not to go to the gym because of this and took some advil today and will take a muscle/pain pill before bed. Sure hope I can exercise tomorrow!

Eating was okay today - altho I was still hungry 1 hour after dinner (trying to watch my portions and 'satisfaction' level). Ended up having some rye toast w/a slather of peanut butter which seemed to do the trick.

I quickly brushed my teeth right afterwards and started to chew some spearmint gum as I didn't want to feel like I needed to eat even more!

Here is a good article I wanted to share on 'scale numbers" - I am a chronic scale rider and must learn that the scale does sometimes lie!

http://www.primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/library/weight/scale.htm

Later,

Frouf

I want to lose 25 lbs by February.......am a very slow loser due to being on estrogen for 7 years but have lost 2 lbs so far.....in hopes to lose 3 lbs a month...seems like not allot but am the worlds slowest loser since I have been on my med's....but that's still no excuse ;)

Froufie~ Hope you neck is doing better today. It was probably a good idea to take the day off from exercise.

I made it to the gym today and did 1 hour of cardio. I am trying to do something 6 days a week right now and see if I can get the scale to move. I have been losing inches but I am ready for the scale to budge:)

Well done stephanie! I did no go to the gym again today as my neck is even worse today! I did end up going to work (altho that hot shower sure felt good), and took painkillers most of the day (those extra strength advil are great!).

Anyhow I am actually just now starting to feel less pain altho I dread sleeping!

The only exercise i got today was walking to and from a mexican restaurant with the office gang for lunch today. Had the fajitas (no chips or margarita or daiquiri altho they sure looked good!).

Hope to be able to exercise tomorrow!

Donna - good luck with your weight loss and camping. I agree that if your dh is also on the 'plan' then you can certainly help each other along!

Sweet-pea - I think your goal is reasonable and very doable!

Frouf:)

I, too, would like to lose at least 30 lbs by my cruise.

Donna, we embark on the same date as you and I also live in London! We are on the Insignia Transatlantic from Lisbon to Rio. We loved the sea days on our cruise last year but there were only two. So we're looking forward to lots of sea days on this one.

I weighed in at WW yesterday and lost .2 lbs. Total of 6.8 lbs since May 20. At least it's in the right direction!

Mo

Welcome to the club sweet-pea and mo.

Mo our cruise I think is going to be kinda hecktic we only have one sea day so is pretty full schedule. But Iam really looking forward to it just hopeing to be a bit smaller for all those pictures I know DH is going to be takeing.

Weigh-in was today for us and DH lost another 2 lbs makes a total of 20 for him. Me on the other hand Iam going backwards again:mad: I gained 1 1/2 pounds this week. I just can't seem to get under the 164 lb mark and keep going down.Really have to consintrate on eatting healthy all next week while camping, and no gym will be doing a lot of walking the dog around the camp grounds. Any ways hope everyone else does well on their weight lose this week.

I used to live in London Ontario - does that count?:D

Welcome Mo - congrats on your loss - it is definitely in the right direction. Are you doing core or flex? I am following the core program pretty closely (with the odd meal out).

Donna - I'm sure you will be doing more exercise next week to work off those pounds! Make sure you pack up some healthy snacks for yourself.

I am hoping to get to the gym after work today - yes my shoulder/neck still hurts - but much better than yesterday! I will not do any arms/shoulder work and will concentrate on lower body. My scale is stuck a bit and I am hoping the exercise will help it move!

Later,

Frouf

Hello!

Froufie~ Glad to hear you are doing a bit better. Take it easy at the gym just in case for a few more days!

I forgot to get on the scale at the gym today. I will get on in the morning and post back tomorrow afternoon. I don't think I did great this week. I have increased my cardio but I think my eating has increased with it!

I would love to join this thread! Has anyone tried the Sonoma diet? I just bought the book last week. It's similar to the South Beach but you can have bread and other grains.

Hello everyone! I would also like to join you folks. I actually have more than 30 lbs to lose. We cruise October 28th and would like to see 30 lbs loss by then...after the October cruise I will work on the final 30 lbs before my cruise next year. So the 30's club sounded perfect for me!

I started dieting April 24, 2006. I have lost 25 lbs thus far by counting calories (1200), fat grams (20), drinking loads of water and increasing my exercise. However I weigh-in on Mondays. I find it makes me more accountable for my week-ends. So I hope you don't mind that I skip the Thursday weigh-ins. It's just that Mondays work for me...

I look forward to the support we can give one another and I also look forward to getting to know all of you better. This could be quite a journey... Chat with you later!

Everyone enjoy your weekend and have a great week!

Love & Prayers...

~Kathi

><> ><> Everything we do, we do for HIM! ><> ><>

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to join this group. I'm working on losing 28 pounds before my next cruise which is 19 weeks away.

I'm pretty much following the WW core plan, though I'm a member of TOPS. Need to get off my duff and do more exercise, but it's so hot.

Good luck to you all in your efforts. Let's hope we turn into a great set of losers.

well Iam back from a week of camping. weighed myself this morning and found that I was about the same as when I left. but my weigh in day is Thurs. so will have to see how the scales read then.

welcome to all the new joiners to the group.

Happy 4th of July to all my American friends.

Congrats on doing so well while camping - at least you didn't gain a thing!

I am 'hovering' right now - and after a long holiday weekend time to get back on track with the eating! Going to the gym after work today too!

Frouf

Hi! I am in a holding pattern right now. I am down with a funky sinus infection and loaded on meds. I have not exercised hard since last Tuesday. I finish the meds this Thursday and plan to get back to the gym. I went int he pool yesterday and did some exercises and maybe I will do that again today if the weather holds out ok.

Glad to see this keep on going!

Hello Everyone!

Thought I would jump in here to say hello and hope you all are having a great week. I trust everyone had a Happy 4th.

Step1~Hope you are feeling better and getting rid of your sinus infection. I am also glad to see this 30 club continuing.

Donna~Welcome back from your camping trip.

redbaroness~The goal you set sounds very do-able. You will reach it by your cruise!

Froufie~Did you get back to the gym? Hope you are feeling better too. I really have to work hard to get my exercise in, but it is something I know I must do. I hope I won't always look at it as a chore.

I haven't posted in awhile, so I am playing catch up. My weigh-in day is on Mondays. A week ago Monday, I lost -3 lbs. and this past Monday I lost -2 lbs. Which now brings me to a total loss of 30 lbs since April 24th

Now just to stay focused.

I hope you all have a great week! I am anxious to hear how you have done this next week. Encouragement & support is so effective. Take care and chat later...

~Kathi

Hello everyone!

Lost 3.4 lb this week, so that was a pleasant surprise after staying the same for a few weeks. I'm currently on hormones for some gyne surgery in Sept. so my goal is not to gain and any losses are a bonus.

Froufie-I am on the flex program, counting points. I like that nothing is off limits as I am looking for a lifestyle change that I can follow for the rest of my life. I love to cook, have several hundred cookbooks and just have to learn to make better choices and to control portion sizes. Of course, the things I like to cook are all high in fat :(

Donna-I lied when I said we embark on our cruise the same day as you-I was checking and its actually the day before! We have confirmed our flights so its a go. :)

Welcome to all the new people-I'm not good at commenting to everyone, my computer skills are very basic, so please be patient with me ;)

Off to assemble a quilt for a wedding gift the end of this month, late as usual.....

Mo

Morning All

Well to my surprise I only gained 1 pound because of my week of camping. DH gained 2 and he is not happy about it LOL (first time he hasn't lost since he started) Anyways we had a great time even though it rained a couple of the days.

potterhill: we haven't talked to our TA in a while guess we should check in with her we haven't heard anything about our air flight. Iam haveing surgery in Sept also. weigh to go on your 3.4 pound lose this week.

faithpath: Wow 30 pounds I started a program also in April but I have only lost around 12 pounds so far. what is your secret?

Iam also glad we kept this group going :)

well guess I better go get a bottle of water and get on my bike and ride for at least 15 min. then do a bit of leg exersices.

take care everyone

Congrats Mo and kathi - well done - you are on the right track!

I am also struggling a bit - doing okay during the daytime (at work of course) then I get home and start inhaling food - trying to drink more water tho which helps.

I did go to the gym tues and today (and did some swimming at sil's pool on the weekend) and may go tomorrow - they are open sat morning but somehow sleeping in sounds like more fun right now?:D

So far I am down 7 lbs and my 1 month measurement at the gym is next wed or thurs so I hope to be down a couple more lbs by then - I really need to focus on that cuz that will keep me motivated!

Only 66 days til I sail away!

Frouf:)

Hi everyone. I'd love to jump in here too. I leave with a group of 15 on the freedom in late august. i've been on ww since jan. so far i've lost 51lbs and hoping i don't loose steam by aug. i still have about 20lbs to go. i mainly try to follow ww program and use the treadmill 3 nights per week.

Weighed in tonight and down 3 pounds. Happy about that, but that still leaves 1 pound from the 4 I'd gained the week before while on vacation (the three I'm sure were water weight from salty snacks and that last is the real thing).

Got back to my walking and doing 2 miles every morning.

Good luck everyone. By supporting each other, we will reach our goals.

Archived