30+ Losers Club - Week Of June 19th

Froufie

Ok time to get serious about losing this weight again !!! DH and I both agreed last night we have to start back at writing out what we eat on Spark People. When we were doing that we both were losing him more than me but I was losing. Since we stopped for some unknown reason we have both put back on about 5 pounds.

I just checked and there is a little over 9 weeks befor we cruise, we could lose 10 pounds. Or should I say we WILL lose 10 pounds :) Wish me luck.

Hi Donna,

You will get those 10 pounds off.

Writing everything down really helps. I've got to get back to filling out Fitday every day. I find that if I have take the time to write things down it really keeps me from putting a lot of stuff in my mouth.

Signed up for another short cruise in December with a friend. We have teamed up to lose weight, so this cruise is to be a reward for losing the next 15 pounds. Penalty for not losing the weight is lose the cruise.

Off to the gym. There are workouts to be done. Only seven weeks until we set sail for Panama.:eek:

Hi there,

I am actually just back from my cruise- and I had an AMAZING TIME - wishing I was still there - suffering from Post Cruise Depression.

Now while I was able to lost about 10 lbs before cruising (and I sure did want to lose more), the best news is I didn't GAIN ANYTHING!!! How unbelievable is that? (okay I was even 1 lb less than when I left!).

Now I did NOT deprive myself of anything - had desserts most nights - even 2 appetizers sometimes when I could not decide - discovered the sushi bar and enjoyed the ice cream machine (okay only twice).

I did not have many frozen drinks tho but did have wine with dinner on a few nights and enjoyed the occasional gin and tonic.

I guess all the walking around and activity kept the excess calories at bay!

IT CAN BE DONE!!!!

Froufie:cool:

Congratulations on not gaining on your cruise. I know it can be done. Last year I did a 16 day transatlantic and then stayed 2 1/2 weeks in Italy and Ireland and came back a couple of pounds lighter. I know it had to be all the walking we did. Walked till we dropped.

I'm going to have to do that on this next cruise too. It can be done if I don't go crazy with drinks and desserts. Everything in moderation.

Archived