Are the Freedom/RCL hump cabins noisy?

We are looking to book a Freedom cruise very shortly, and after reading various comments on here we think a balcony stateroom (poss E2) mis ship would suit us. I have heard that the hump cabins are quite popular, and these seem to fit the bill (if there are any available when we book). We have noticed that these are located directly next to the elevators and stairwells which worry us slightly. Admitedly, we are first time cruisers and not sure how this works, but initial thoughts are is that this could make the cabin noisy with all the movement outside. Is this something to worry about, or are we being completely stupid?

Also, is there any difference with booking a port or starbord cabin - we will be sailing out of Miami on the 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise.

Thanks for looking (and hopefully replying)

Not noisy at all! Book in peace. :)

I was on the starboard side. It was the docked-side in Jamaica (MoBay...not Ocho Rios....not sure what timeframe you are booking), but in Grand Cayman the port side got the view of Seven Mile Beach. So, it's really six of one, half dozen of the other.

Have a great cruise!

Tracy

We were near an elevator, though not a hump room and we never noticed a bit of noise. It was the best week of sleep I have ever had. We had a port side room so it was fun watching traffic on the highway stop as we left port, but you can always go to the top deck on the other side. I loved the view coming into St Thomas and out of Labadee.

Hi zotzer,

we were also on the 6-4-06 first sailing. We had a wonderful time. We are booked on the members cruise in Oct and have a cabin near the hump. What cabin were you in?

We missed the meet n mingle because we went to the ice show. Too many fun things to do and some were at the same times.

Hi zotzer,

we were also on the 6-4-06 first sailing. We had a wonderful time. We are booked on the members cruise in Oct and have a cabin near the hump. What cabin were you in?

Hi!

I was in cabin 6332, and fellow CC members Carol and Bob were next door in 6334. We had the balcony divider opened all week, and we had a great time!!!

Tracy

Archived