Pre-reserve Spa appointments?

Paulras

Booked on the Crown for Sept 12 and just noticed that the Lotus Spa booking online is available now on the Cruise Personalizer.

Does anyone know if the pre-reserving is for all appointments for the cruise or is it only a limited number of them? I'd prefer to book onboard to ensure I get what I want and when I want it....such as times, gender of therapist, etc. But I'm worried that we'll get onboard and find everything is already booked.

Any idea on how this system works?

Booked on the Crown for Sept 12 and just noticed that the Lotus Spa booking online is available now on the Cruise Personalizer.

Does anyone know if the pre-reserving is for all appointments for the cruise or is it only a limited number of them? I'd prefer to book onboard to ensure I get what I want and when I want it....such as times, gender of therapist, etc. But I'm worried that we'll get onboard and find everything is already booked.

I've booked online for all my spa treatments on prior cruises. You can reserve the specific treatment/date/time very easily, but you'd have to talk to the spa personnel once onboard to request a female or male therapist.

Make sure that once you book online, you print out a copy of your reservation. There have been glitches for people as far as changes in times or pricing.

I always book online to make sure I get the treatments I want. You may be able to book onboard, but may find only limited times left.

Enjoy!!

We have always waited until on board to book anything with the Spa. Never had trouble getting appointments, but we are typically pretty open to times. They have certainly never been booked up on any ship or line I've been on, including Princess, but times may be a bit limited. Depends how flexible you are I suppose!

If you do wait until on board, I would be sure to go to the spa first thing to get booked. As you may or may not know, spa appointments are usually cheaper and in more abundance on days in port. If there are any ports where you plan to stay on the ship (at least for part of the day), that's always a good option as well.

I don't know if there are any penalties for booking online then making changes once on board. I wouldn't think so anyway? But if there isn't, you can always book online, be sure to print everything out! And when you get on the ship, go to the spa to confirm and make any changes if they don't have down what you want. Hope it all works out perfectly for you!

I think they only book one appointment per treatment per time spot in advance, so your chances may be better if you wait. For example, DH and I booked massages for the same time slot. I booked his first, a Swedish at 3:00. When I went to book mine two minutes later, there was no availability at 3:00, so I booked a Shiatsu. But there were several people in the waiting area getting the Swedish who had booked onboard. As it turned out, the tech they assigned me to could do either so I got a Swedish after all!

I also saw a notation in the online booking that said they would add a 15% gratuity "for my convenience." They did not, and I was able to add the tip myself.

We are on the Regal in July and its not offered on my cruise Personalizer, Maybe because it a smaller ship. It had shore excurision but not spa. A'm I overlooking something?

When we were on Sapphire in March, the spa manager told us it had

been pretty hectic since those who booked online, something went wrong

and the appointments were not logged in correctly or something. So I made

the comment that it's a good thing we didn't bother booking online, huh?

And she confirmed that that would have been a mistake, since there was

a computer glitch or something.

BUT everyone and their dog was at the spa on day one. A lot of it had to

do with people going for their "free spa tour" and as a result, it created quite

a line at the spa desk with only 2 or 3 people to handle 25 to 35 of us,

so we went back to our room, and simply called in our spa service.

Worked beautifully.

Archived