Live from the STAR (In Skagway)

Hikini

I will just make this short, since time is limited, but everything is going well. The ship is as beautiful as last time, the crew has been really wonderful, the food has been great and no one is sick (that we know of, anyway.)

The weather was nice in Juneau and is beautiful here in Skagway. (I'm at an internet cafe right now.)

The comedian, Sam Griesbaum is very funny and any of you that have upcoming cruises on the Star will love him.

More about the cruise when we return home to Seattle.

Hikini:D

I will just make this short, since time is limited, but everything is going well. The ship is as beautiful as last time, the crew has been really wonderful, the food has been great and no one is sick (that we know of, anyway.)

The weather was nice in Juneau and is beautiful here in Skagway. (I'm at an internet cafe right now.)

The comedian, Sam Griesbaum is very funny and any of you that have upcoming cruises on the Star will love him.

Hi Hikini, So glad you are enjoying your trip. Will you do me a favor? Ask for Eby in Versailles and say "hi" to him from his MN Family. Tell him to have a good vacation too. It would mean a lot to him and us. Thanks.

Hi MN,

We're going to be on the Star on July 23 in AE Penthouse, Cabin 9732. It's one of the wrap around ones. By any chance were you in the one we'll be in? If so, what did you think of it? Do you have pictures. We've had this booked for over a year and now I can't believe we're just a month away from going... :)

Hikini, Hope you have a great time for the rest of your trip!

Kathy Q

Hi Hikini, So glad you are enjoying your trip. Will you do me a favor? Ask for Eby in Versailles and say "hi" to him from his MN Family. Tell him to have a good vacation too. It would mean a lot to him and us. Thanks.

OK - do you pronounce it like Eeby or Ebby? And do I remember your name as Tammi and your hubby as Greg? We've eaten most of our meals in Versailles. Wonderful!

Hikini,

Been thinking about you while you've been on your cruise and wondering if you were having a great time (I know how much you were looking forward to it). Sounds like it's great! Have a good time cruising Glacier Bay tomorrow. Hope the weather holds! Make sure to post when you get back and give us future Star cruisers a taste of the good life!:D

Hi MN,

We're going to be on the Star on July 23 in AE Penthouse, Cabin 9732. It's one of the wrap around ones. By any chance were you in the one we'll be in? If so, what did you think of it? Do you have pictures. We've had this booked for over a year and now I can't believe we're just a month away from going... :)

Kathy Q

Kathy: We had an owner's suite (9006) this past week, and it was fabulous. You will love it.

Hikini: Enjoyed reading all your posts before going off on our cruise, so a belated thanks to you and wishing you all the best the rest of the trip!:D

Jerry

Glacier Bay day today - spectacular! It's been raining lightly off and on all day today but the blues in the glaciers have been amazing.

We got to see a bear on the beach, not too far away and got some great pics of it. Then got to see 2 HUGE pieces of Marjerie Glacier calving. The kids are in awe!

We've seen a number of whales and have had a wonderful day. The sun is breaking thru now as we are heading out of Glacier Bay.

Getting ready to go have supper and then head for the magic show!

Glacier Bay day today - spectacular! It's been raining lightly off and on all day today but the blues in the glaciers have been amazing.

I've always thought that a bit of an overcast brings out the blues in the glaciers.

thanks for keeping us up to date

-Monte

Ahoy, there, Hikini! So glad to hear that all is going well for you. It's hard to believe your cruise is almost over already. It's not fair that the week of cruising goes by so very quickly.

I'll be looking forward to hearing all about your cruise when you get back. I've got to get busy and start posting some pictures of our cruise.

OK - do you pronounce it like Eeby or Ebby? And do I remember your name as Tammi and your hubby as Greg? We've eaten most of our meals in Versailles. Wonderful!

Thanks Hikini! You pronounce his name as Ebby and you're correct, we are Tami and Greg. He will be leaving on Sunday for his vacation. Have a great remaining two days.

How nice to see your posts here Hikini!

We wish we were there with you again this year, as last. Sounds like a repeat of our beautiful weather last September.

Thanks for posting - continue to enjoy, and we too will be anxiously awaiting your review.

Enjoy these last couple of days - They do fly by all too quickly.

Take care now!

SailAways:D

Hi MN,

Kathy Q

We were on the 8th deck, non-wrap around balcony but visited people who were in one. They were very nice and given the opportunity would pick one of those. Click on my link to see my pictures. Your room will be very similar in decor and layout exactly the same. Have fun!

Shawn is amazing! This is the 3rd cruise we have taken with him. I had a few opportunities to visit with him and he gave me greetings from Kieron Buffery, the CD from our last Star cruise.

Did you guys get tired of the heckler that Shawn had to put up with? How annoying!

Archived