Rental Car Return - Port of Miami

I tried to search this, but the search feature is not working for me right now.

Does anyone know if there is a rental car agency at the Port of Miami? We are flying in a couple of days early, renting a car and driving to Key Largo. I am hoping that we can return the car at the port somewhere.

Thanks!

There hasn't been a car rental agency at the port since right after Sept. 11th. I've heard stories of rental car shuttles from MIA to the port, but can't confirm. You can always just return the car to the airport and take a taxi to the pier ($22 I think).

I tried to search this, but the search feature is not working for me right now.

Does anyone know if there is a rental car agency at the Port of Miami? We are flying in a couple of days early, renting a car and driving to Key Largo. I am hoping that we can return the car at the port somewhere.

Thanks!

A couple of agencies have drop off locations downtown which is about a 10 minute cab ride from the port. If you use Enterprise, which you can pick up at the airport and drop at the Hyatt downtown they will transport you to the ship.

Hertz has a place on 1st ST very close to the port, diagonally across from the Intercontinental. I think its the closest place to the actual port. The shuttle runs regularly and takes 5-7 minutes to get you to the port. I did not have to pay more to drop off there, but they can be higher than the airport location to rent from.

We rented a car from Alamo in Ft Lauderdale & had it returned to Miami Airport. Once we checked in we waited for the shuttle bus to take us to the pier. Only about a 15 -20 minute ride. No biggie.

Dyanna

The airport is only 15 min away why would you not go there.

Because if they are driving back from Key Largo, the port is right on the way off Rte 1 and much more convenient than going that much further to the airport. I agree the airport is relatively close, but I'm sure the OP wants to board their cruise ship as soon as possible! :)

Archived