Grand Princess cabin choice?

twocats

I have finished reading the cabin tips section and am now confused more than ever. Please tell me what is your favorite cabin on the Grand, be it balcony or oceanview. Please add why. I think they are BB, BA or CC catagory. I am thinking of the Baja or Caribe. I am definitely interested in port side. Also what is the name of the covered pool, which deck? I want to book my cabin soon and love all the advice people have. Thanks a lot!

I have finished reading the cabin tips section and am now confused more than ever. Please tell me what is your favorite cabin on the Grand, be it balcony or oceanview. Please add why. I think they are BB, BA or CC catagory. I am thinking of the Baja or Caribe. I am definitely interested in port side. Also what is the name of the covered pool, which deck? I want to book my cabin soon and love all the advice people have. Thanks a lot!

DH and I love the Grand Class balcony cabins on Caribe, category BA and BB because of the larger balconies ;)

The covered pool is Calypso Reef.

You didn't include them in your list, but don't neglect the minisuites. The balcony is a bit smaller than the Caribe deck balcony cabins. Otherwise, you get a whole lot more cabin often without having to pay too much more. I think it's nice to have the extra room. The larger bathroom, with a real tub and shower, not just a shower stall, and more vanity space is a real plus.

I cannot recall which deck it was (Emerald Maybe) and d I am too lazy to look, but it was a mini-suite at the stern of the ship. It was not the most convenient, but it was quiet and the balcony was almost a wraparound to the larger suiet ON the stern. I am guessing the balcony was at least two times the standard mini-suite balcony

This is just MY humble opinion, but I would never pay for an oceanview - either I'll take the cheaper inside (and I have several times) or I would pay for the balcony - I don't get the thrill of looking out a window when I could be walking out the balcony door instead. Avoid the Dolphin deck as the balconies are not covered, if that is important to you. Otherwise I'd choose a midship balcony or minisuite if the price isn't much more or if you can easily afford the difference. Why the port side? You do realize that just because it is called the port side doesn't in any way indicate it will be facing port when you are actually in port.

Before I booked my cruise I spent a few days jsut reading these boards. Took a tour of webshots to look at various cabins.. and decided to book this cabin based on this photo.

C753 its a BB

http://community.webshots.com/photo/102025550/1102026088051717522cVzlGt

I can tell you that by asking peoples opinions you will get everyones favorite cabin. (which can be more confusing--lol

Promise not to spread this around, but the Lido Deck CC cabins on Grand Princess are located in a "private" hallway connecting to the Grand Suites. The CC cabins are 207 sft in size and have floor to ceiling picture windows.

Shh - don't tell!:cool:

We were in balcony cabin B415 on the Grand in March. It's a standard balcony, mid-ship on the starboard side. I absolutely loved it.

I prefer to be mid-ship. Tend to get a little less movement. The cabin was right above the suites. I decided then I would not book a suite on C or D decks as those balconies below us were wide open to our view. I liked the covered balcony.

We usually book a cabin on Caribe deck because of the larger balconies. We have had C333 and are booked in C254 and C334 on our next two cruises. The minis on Dolphin are larger but the balconies are much smaller and have no cover. If you want a covered mini I would opt for the ones on Emerald deck if you don't mind being in the rear of the ship.

We usually book a cabin on Caribe deck because of the larger balconies. We have had C333 and are booked in C254 and C334 on our next two cruises. The minis on Dolphin are larger but the balconies are much smaller and have no cover. If you want a covered mini I would opt for the ones on Emerald deck if you don't mind being in the rear of the ship.

We have this one booked for a 10 day cruise on the Star Princess (sister

ship). Do you think it will be "big" enough for two adults for 10 days.

I'm really anxious to hear from you. Thanks in advance!

Bon Voyage to all!

Today we booked our cruise, Quebec City to FLL on the Grand Princess, for 10/18/07. After reading all the comments and hints we decided to try for C753. But... it was already booked. We enjoyed the Caribe deck on the Coral with the large half covered balcony so we went with C603. Hopefully we made a good choice but if there are any comments anyone wants to add to this thread please do so. With booking 16 months (it will be forever in arriving) we can change easily enough. Any thoughts?

We think Baja is great. We usually get a room near the laundry area. The benefits are that we have privacy on our balcony (no one can look down

on us from above... but we can look down on the other decks below us),

we are within a very short walk to the staircase and up to the Horizon

Court cafeteria for breakfast or coffee in the morning, and it is very quiet.

We recently got upgraded from Baha B729 to the Caribe deck C527. Has anyone had this cabin and how did you like it?

It is listed as a 3/4 person cabin but there will only be 2 of us staying in it.

Thanks and have a great next cruise.

If you can only afford an obstructed view cabin on the Grand, get 628 as it has a good partial over the top of the tender and an unobstructed side view. Also, in tender ports it's one that is used so it is fully unobstructed all day.

• 1 year later...
We recently got upgraded from Baha B729 to the Caribe deck C527. Has anyone had this cabin and how did you like it?

It is listed as a 3/4 person cabin but there will only be 2 of us staying in it.

Thanks and have a great next cruise.

We have been assigned C527 on the Crown. I suspect it is similar to the Grand. What did you think of this stateroom? And what about the 3/4 person? We are only 2 also. Where were the extra beds?

Unfortunately I can't tell you anything about the cabin as we had to cancel the cruise. My wife was diagnosed with Endometrial cancer and also had a blood clot which broke off and went to lung. She was operated on for the cancer and has undergone chemo and radiation treatment since then and recently got a clean PET scan (no cancerous cell concentrations) so that is the GREAT news. We actually took a short, 7 day cruise about a month ago and have another planned for next month. Hopefully we will get to do another longer cruise next spring when she is more fully recovered.

Anyway a long answer that only required a short answer.

Have a great next cruise and when you get back you can tell me what our cabin would have been like.

Archived