Labadee....what is there to do?

we found a semi-shady spot, and lounges were set up for us. We rented floaties, swam and floated, snorkled with our own gear, ate lunch provided by Royal Caribbean, baked in the sun, and my mom shopped at the little market. It's safe, fairly isolated, clean and quiet. We enjoyed it.

Vanessa

Last July we went parasailing and relaxed on the beach. This Oct my whole family is going kayaking and my DH and I plan to do the waverunner experience. You can also participate in the Beah Olympics or layout on a beach mat in the water.

I was there last friday on Navigator. It was my third time there and it's still my favourite port of call! It's a great beach day, but you can also parisail, jetski, use the aqua park. I want to go back!

Kelly

Labadee is a great, relaxing day at the beach. You can do nearly everything there: watersports, snorkeling, swimming, sunbathing, etc, and you can do nothing: sitting in a hammock listening to the surf, drinking a tall froo-froo drink. There is a small native trading area for a bit of casual shopping, and kids beach and several bars and a few food areas. Of course all if it is RCL run, so you use your cabin key for any drinks or equipment rentals.

And don't forget, the ship is only a few mins away, so you can go back for lunch, a dip in the pool or whatever, as the ship is fairly empty.

Labadee is our most favorite place we have ever visited! You can truely relax there. Just picture yourself laying on a lounge chair under the bread fruit trees, with a tall drink in your hand, and a nice breeze. If you get a bit too hot, just walk down to the water for a quick dip!

There are lots and lots of water sports offered too, for those that think they may get bored relaxing.

Have fun,

Bev

In addition to all of the above, you can take some long and slow walks and get in some picture taking. There are also some small local bands playing some island music while you sip down some cool ones. "Relax" is the key word and beautiful is close behind it.

We were just there. I've now decided that Labadee must be one of the stops on all of my future cruises. What a beautiful spot!

And the best thing...they never run out of beach chairs!

Thumbs up to Labadee. You'll love it!

Does anyone know how you do the banana boating here? I can't find it listed as an excursion (which seems strange since even the beach mats are listed), but have read many reviews of people who've done it. Do you just pay cash on the beach? Or use your ship card? Or is it not available any more? Thanks!

I am one of the ones around here who is not all that crazy about Labadee. Although I was happy to see it once I wouldn't go out of my way to go back there. It is a very beautiful place and a nice stop if you want a beach day. However, if you are a person who prefers to explore a town and see places there is not a lot to do there. It is pretty much a forced beach day and there is nothing unique that you couldn't find at the beach at any port of call. There is also a fence with a closed gate and a guard. So if you have any thoughts of taking a walk into the countryside of Haiti forget it.

At least in other ports those who want a beach day can have it and those who don't have other options. I live at the beach and don't go on vacation to do what I can do here all summer.

As for the original poster's comment about not imagining ever visiting Haiti. This is not a visit to Haiti. It is a visit to RCI's private area that happens to be located on the island.

Is a large yellow tube you ride "horse" style with handles and you are pulled by a boat.

Ocean Boy, I don't really think of Labadee as a "Port" or forced beach day, rather a day at sea with a beach thrown in for free! If you don't like Labadee it is wonderful having a "Sea Day" without the crowds. Everyone cruises for their own reasons...my DH and I would rather have more sea days and fewer ports.

Bananna Boat paid with sea pass

Snorkling, never did it but have heat it is not as good as other places???

Laberdee, love it, one of our 2 favorite stops, the other being Coco Cay. Nothing like a great day at the beach with warm water.

The 2 times I have been there, Nellies Punch was the drink of the island and Coco Loco's were on Coco Cay, both good frozen drinks delivered right to where you are.

Enjoy

• 3 weeks later...

Scubalisa, I was in Labadee several years ago and the snorkling was poor. The coral was all dead the ocean floor covered in silt. The natives overfish the area for food. You may see a few small fish around the rocks, a spiny star fish or two and a trumpet fish in the weed if you keep a sharp lookout.

As others before me have said, this is a beach day, save your money for places like cozumel.

Archived