TV Channels On Board

We were on Explorer a few weeks ago and I don't remember the channels exactly but the choices were slim. I remember a news channel (CNN?), Cartoon Network (we had kids with us), and movie channels. Truthfully, we watched the RCCL channel when we did watch something but we were in the room so infrequently that it didn't matter. My husband is sleeping but when we wakes up I'll ask him about the A/V jacks and get back to you.

no NBC, CBS, or ABC. ESPN with plenty of soccer, Interntional CNN which was very British, about 10 channels of advertising of venues on the ship, the web cam, 8 channels of music & a movie channel in english & 8 other languages & differentchannels for each.

no NBC, CBS, or ABC. ESPN with plenty of soccer, Interntional CNN which was very British, about 10 channels of advertising of venues on the ship, the web cam, 8 channels of music & a movie channel in english & 8 other languages & differentchannels for each.

husband is THRILLED about the soccer - a world cup addict. We had heard that the games are being broadcast, this is awesome news. Sailing on Mariner tomorrow - he'll miss the morning's England game ....

As the sports bar is packed with the Brits, Brazilians, Spanish & other FUTBOL fans. On Jewel, they had Brit against Barcelona & Barcelona won & the ruckus in the sports bar hearing them, boy was the ship quiet the next day.........

husband is THRILLED about the soccer - a world cup addict. We had heard that the games are being broadcast, this is awesome news. Sailing on Mariner tomorrow - he'll miss the morning's England game ....

I'm back, as promised. My husband doesn't remember seeing an A/V connection but we didn't look for one. He remembers CNN, Fox News, ESPN international, TNT or TBS, 2 movie channels and a RCCL version of CBS. I hope this helps!

RCI doesn't have Fox News, just CNN and Headline News. They do carry TNT or TNT Latin America, depending on where you are sailing.

I believe there are old shows like TV Land because DH was in the cabin watching Green Acres and Mr. Ed every day at the same time. I also think there were Everybody Loves Raymond and King of Queens episodes repeated throughout the week.

Carnival has the best tv with network shows. I loved seeing Lettermen and Leno at the end of a day.

There are NO AV Jacks in regular Cabin TV's on Voyager Class, or Radiance Class Ships. Vision Class ships have AV Jacks on all TV's.

Here are the RCI TV Channels

14 Safety Drill

15 Explorations

16 CBS Eye on America

17 CNN International

18 CNN Headline News

19 ESPN

20 Movie 1 Channel

21 Movie 2 Channel

22 Discovery Shopping

23 TCM

24 TNT

25 Discovery Shopping

26 Bloomberg TV

27 RCTV 2

28 Royal Classics

29 Cartoon Network

30 Boomerang

31 RCI Family Movie Channel

32 Retro TV

33 VENUS

34 XWTV (Music Video)

35 Espanol Safety Channel

36 CNN Espanol

37 Movie 3 Channel

38 Channel Guide

39 Cruise Review (Pre Recorded Ship Events)

40 Bridge Info (Weather/ Seas/ Temps/ Position)

41 Bridge Cam

43 NULL

44 NULL

Radio

;) ;)

Last year there was a Royal Caribbean and CBS channel . They played all of the CBS sitcoms. Everybody loves raymond, yes dear, two and 1/2 men. Not sure if they still do that. Those episodes are imbedded in my brain because we watched them over and over while waiting to disembark. We didn't get off the ship till 11:30. There is also the famous live from the bow of the ship and the we are here map.

We had those CBS shows in April-- TV has pretty slim pickins! Unless you plan on watching to fall asleep, you won't have much need of the TV anyway! There's always plenty to watch on the pool deck! Our last cruise featured a woman who changed bathing suits everytime she took a dip in the pool--yes--she changed right on deck. The area where she sat tended to be a bit crowded, once folks realized that this would be an everyday occurance!!!

Just off NOS 6/3-6/10. The channel that has ship postion info and bridge cam was showing Royal Promanade not the bridge. Also the station that was supposed to show ship docking from the bridge when arriving at port was never up. They advertised this channel but it never came up. Did anyone else sailing this month experience this?

Unless you plan on watching to fall asleep, you won't have much need of the TV anyway!

Not only fall asleep, it stays on all night. Bad habit now 25 years strong. I've also become a Nick at Night junkie.

Archived