Denrus 2 day value tour vs one offered by Red October

We are booked on the DenRus 2 day value tour in July and we are curious if the price is competive with Red October. You have to email them(Red October) for a quote--do not have the price stated on the web site like DenRus does? Has anyone taken this SET 2 day tour with Red October??-- could you tell us how much it was? Also, need help with tipping for this tour? How much?--The tour costs $265.:)

RO prices very depending on how many share and also lunch is extra over the price they quote you (about $20). We were 8 sharing a minibus (met on these boards) and including the lunch it came to $306 each for a 2 day tour. It was definately money well spent.

We are booked on the DenRus 2 day value tour in July and we are curious if the price is competive with Red October. You have to email them(Red October) for a quote--do not have the price stated on the web site like DenRus does? Has anyone taken this SET 2 day tour with Red October??-- could you tell us how much it was? Also, need help with tipping for this tour? How much?--The tour costs $265.:)

I've received an e-mail from Red October and their two day tour is priced completely differently than Denrus. If Red October gets 12 people, then their two day tour is only $200 per person. However if their tour gets only 6 then it is $280 per person. If you'd like the price list, e-mail me at tordon"at"sympatico.ca

Just curious, what sailing are you on?

We are on the July 22 Amsterdam sailing..... into St. Petersburg on the 25th and we booked the Denrus 2 day. For the reason you just mentioned in the original post here. I liked knowing the price since it is posted and was unsure of the other. Don't like suprises and negotiations when on Vacation.

I have heard good things about both companies though. We have had great response so far from Denrus. Even a lengthy phone conversation which helped ease our jitters about a non-HAL excursion.

Love to hear more input on all of these companies and experiences getting of the ships.

briankosk

We were on the RO tour with Kathy and Paul above and had a fantastic time. Just want to clarify a point you make, there were no surprises while we did the tour as once it was agreed via email between the eight of us where we would go, RO then gave us a firm price, the lunches came to slightly less than their quote so that was the only adjustment. Whichever tour company you go through you have made the right choice as the smaller the group (8 being perfect!) the better. Have a wonderful time

You asked when we were taking the cruise. We are on the Star Princess leaving Copenhagen on July 4th. We leave this Friday, June 30 for our precruise stay in Copenhagen. It's getting close. Am afraid that we are going to have as many as 20 on our DenRus tour. Stan from DenRus more or less told me that, but I know 5 more people that just signed up, so I am hopeful that they make a third group and then they will be a little smaller.(Told me June 16th on the phone that he had 2 groups of almost 10 on the 2 day value tours for July 8th and 9th.) Assume that meant for the 4 ships that will be in port then. No matter---it will be better and cheaper than the ship tour!:) :) :)

Archived