St. Petersburg companies/Yusuporv's Palace

I am looking at different schedules from Red October, Optima, Denrus, Port Compass and Alla. Has anyone used Optima or Port Compass? Does anywone have and recommendations or warnings? Also some operators push Yusupov's Palace and do not recommend it. It is that or a canal tour? What do you recommend?

All you cruisers are amazing! Thanks to anyone who has ever posted. I have learned so much from everyone.

Our Red October tour guide was fantastic. There were two places that we wanted to visit that the others in our group did not. She arranged for us to join others for the Gold Room at the Hermitage and to visit Yusupov palace while the others took the canal tour. When we rejoined our group, they were not that impressed with the canal tour and we thought we had a great tour of the palace. It was very interesting and we also had the opportunity to observe a small concert at the palace. Yes, at some point on this itinerary you feel like you can't take another palace! however, while in St. Petersburg I felt it was a good idea to visit as many places as possible.

Yusupov's palace is one of the finest places to see in St. Petersburg. If you get the chance do not miss it. All the others are great as well, but nothing compares to this real treasure. We just returned from Jewel June 7 sailing. It was our favorite Palace in SPb.

I am looking at different schedules from Red October, Optima, Denrus, Port Compass and Alla.

Alla all the way! Ask for Catherine! Our June 8-9 tour was superb, and worth every penny. The Folklore show in the evening was delightful. Afterwards, we had time to do a canal tour, and enjoy the "white nights of St. Petersburg!"

Archived