Embassy Suites in Ft. Lauderdale

belldebb

Booked ES for my CB cruise in August. A little more expensive than I had wanted, but ok.

How much by taxi to get from the airport to ES?

Then, from ES to the pier by taxi?

How much should I tip the taxi driver in both cases?

Prarie Cruiser....

ES is great! Well worth the money!!! it is definately more than we want to pay but by the time you subtract your FREE bar bill and your FREE cook to order breakfast you are paying very little to actually stay in such a gorgeous location! I promise, you will agree!

Cost; I called and asked the front desk. $12-15 from the airport and about the same to the port...

good luck and enjoy!

Thanks! I keep flipping back and forth in my head between staying at ES, which all seem to feel is very nice and has a great location, or staying at Amerisuites which is much cheaper, but reviews are mixed. We are only staying one night pre-cruise but the whole point of vacation is to relax and a nice hotel beforehand can go a long way to set the tone. So, currently have reservations at ES, but still considering Amerisuites.

WE are doing the same thing you are; flying in just for a pre-cruise evening. We always spend our first night enjoying being together (family members group of 12) and catching up. We consider the first night a fun time and a pretty big part of our vacation.

If all you are doing is spending the night and getting in late; I would could with the best price as long as it is a nice property and in a good location.

Good luck and have a great cruise!!!

Archived