Embassy Suites in Ft. Lauderdale

belldebb

Hello Out there!

Can anyone tell me how they liked the Embassy Suites in Ft. Lauderdale.

we (a group of 12) are booked there for Dec. 1st. We love Embassy Suites in General but have questions about getting from the airport and to the cruise port...

I know that taxis are an option but with a group our size and our luggage....any other shuttle recommendations????

Thanks for any help on this one!

debbie

Bequia...thanks for the information on transportation.

I will check into both today!

Keith, you are right. We love the cocktail hour(s) and they all have them. I was told on the Cunard roll call site that they are in a great location also. Just minutes from the airport, shopping and port. Thanks for your response!

I have it booked!

have a great day everyone!

Happy Sailing!

debbie

Belldeb, If you go out of the back of the Embassy Suites there are several restaurants, a supermarket and a liquor store. They also have a great morning breakfast and you are only a short distance form the cruise terminal. In fact you can see the ship from the back of the suites. You can see the planes as they begin their liftoff. Have a great cruise.

We stayed at E.S. precruise last Sept. and enjoyed our stay. The grounds were very nice and the hot buffet breakfast was very good. I also liked the location there were several places to walk to. If we ever go back to FLL. we will stay with Embassy again.:)

Yes I enjoyed my stay at ES in March - good location and can walk to supermarkets, drug stores and liquor stores for last minute items, and plenty of restaurants nearby as well. I thought the breakfast was good, but I missed the reception.

There are also free computer terminals at kiosk by the lobby so you can check email and the Internet before youg et on the ship.

ES also has a free shuttle to the pier (sign up for the shuttle you want when you arrive at the hotel) - but with a large group you may want to get a car service as well.

Stayed there in April /06 1 nite precruise - very nice. breakfast good, manager's cocktails good.

There are balconies on each floor that you can walk out on - if your room doesn't face the ships, go out onto one of these balconies and view the port.

Sorry to hijack this thread! :o I'm trying to book this hotel for our pre-cruise stay and they are pulling up an option to include the cost of the transfer to the port for two adults. :confused: I thought the transfer to the port and airport are free? Can anyone confirm? Would it be easier just to take a cab to port in the morning? If so, what kind of fare should I expect?

Thanks! :)

Sorry to hijack this thread! :o I'm trying to book this hotel for our pre-cruise stay and they are pulling up an option to include the cost of the transfer to the port for two adults. :confused: I thought the transfer to the port and airport are free? Can anyone confirm? Would it be easier just to take a cab to port in the morning? If so, what kind of fare should I expect?

Thanks! :)

Hi,

We stayed there twice last year. The first time in May they picked us up at the airport. The second time in Sept. there was no longer an airport pickup, but still a free transport to the ship. Hope that helps...

Hey,

I have called the ES several times and spoken with Tom; front desk manager.

There is NO pickup from the airport to ES; he suggested a shuttle or taxi.

There IS shuttle service to the airport FROM the ES...don't understand and he really couldn't explain.

There is NO free shuttle service to the port from ES....you have to book the Cruise Package to get that service now.

Tom is very nice and was much more helpful than anyone else that I spoke with...but then, he was the manager.

good luck!

debbie

Hey,

I have called the ES several times and spoken with Tom; front desk manager.

There is NO pickup from the airport to ES; he suggested a shuttle or taxi.

There IS shuttle service to the airport FROM the ES...don't understand and he really couldn't explain.

There is NO free shuttle service to the port from ES....you have to book the Cruise Package to get that service now.

Tom is very nice and was much more helpful than anyone else that I spoke with...but then, he was the manager.

good luck!

debbie

:( They knew I was coming then. :rolleyes: It was just too good to be true. Okay, there may be 6 of us so I'm going to go check out some transportation options. It's just one night. I'll walk to the terminal if I have to. :cool: Thanks for confirming this for me. :D

Just to confirm what I said before; I called Embassy Suites last night to make sure that they had all our confirmation numbers together as a group.

I again asked the person that I was speaking with about the shuttle service to the port. As of December 2005 they no longer shuttle patrons to the port UNLESS you book their cruise package which is an additional few dollars.

She said they had more patrons then they had shuttles to carry them in a manner that they liked. So, as of January 1,2006 there is a cost and has to be booked as their "cruise package". the bad thing with this is you can't book a special rate (like AAA ) and get the cruise package.

But, we like ES and their cooked to order breakfast and their happy hourS so much we will pay the difference!

Good luck everyone!

debbie

The taxi to the port is not that expensive and there is a limo service that will shuttle you there for about $14.00 a person. I saw a link recently. If I can find it I will comeback and post it here.

We used the taxi from the pier to ES. It was $9.00. Just a little too long to walk, but I understand what you are saying.

There is Outback Steakhouse, a Mexican Restaurant, Original Steakhouse Camillie's, An Asian restaurant and the suites has a restaurant. There is an Irish Pub across the street all these are within walking distance. There are probably a few more but we did not go adventuring. The tv showed many restaurants on Las Olas Blvd. You would need a taxi to get there. Taxis are plentiful, but you have to call for one except at the pier.

Thanks for the limo suggestions along with links. :) Since it's 6 of us and we'll be flying into FLL I think we'll just grab two cabs or a van at the airport. Looks like I've talked the in-laws going with us. :D No, wait should I be like this - :eek: . Just kiddin'. We plan on just grabbing something close by that night for dinner so I really appreciate giving us a heads up for the restaurants right around us too. We need to walk off what we eat anyway. ;)

I just didn't want to deal with rental car and I think we were way too close for a limo transfer. I'm looking forward to our stay at ES. It looks like a nice property and the pool seems like it can entertain us for a while. Plus, we're hoping for a view of the ships coming in.

I didn't book the cruise package. It specifically state the price only includes the port transfer for 2 adults only. It is just a minimal cost above the normal room rate, but I have more than 2 adults and it might be easier to grab a cab by the time I do all that. I'm sure they would've worked with me. I'm just going to take the road of least resistance.

Pusniski---Have you ever stayed with an Embassy Suties?

I travel the east coast with my job and stay at an ES every chance that I get!!! I LOVE their complimentary cocktail HOURS and we enjoy the cooked --to -order breakfast. The suites are gorgeous and just a relaxing atmosphere!

Prarie Curiser....The ES told me that a taxi would cost $12-$15 to the port (matter of fact, they told me that today when I inquired).

THe cost of the CRUISE package does say for 2 adults; there are 10 of us in 3 rooms and I spoke with Tom, the manager. He said as long as we booked all the rooms CRUISE that they would transfer us all. So, we are doing that as we will have a scheduled time and easier to keep all my gang together.

Good luck and maybe we will meet everyone at the ES!!!!

Happy 4th!

Pusniski---Have you ever stayed with an Embassy Suties?

I travel the east coast with my job and stay at an ES every chance that I get!!! I LOVE their complimentary cocktail HOURS and we enjoy the cooked --to -order breakfast. The suites are gorgeous and just a relaxing atmosphere!

Prarie Curiser....The ES told me that a taxi would cost $12-$15 to the port (matter of fact, they told me that today when I inquired).

THe cost of the CRUISE package does say for 2 adults; there are 10 of us in 3 rooms and I spoke with Tom, the manager. He said as long as we booked all the rooms CRUISE that they would transfer us all. So, we are doing that as we will have a scheduled time and easier to keep all my gang together.

Good luck and maybe we will meet everyone at the ES!!!!

Happy 4th!

I typically stay in Marriott family hotels and a the Hilton Garden Inns. This is our first ES stay and I agree with you that the property looks very nice. :) Ever since a bad experience at a Ramada Inn I've been a lot pickier about where I stay and tend to research the heck out of places. I've booked a AAA rate right now. I think it'll be worth it just to go ahead change it to the cruise package and be all set in the morning.

Do they have two different style rooms? I see pictures of the neutral rooms which I prefer then some of the blue/peach ones. :confused: I guess it really won't matter for one night. Just curious. It looks like their pool is getting a face lift this September, too.

Is it time to go again yet? :cool: It's been 9 days since our first cruise already.

Happy 4th of July to all my thread friends out there!!!

Pusniski....I normally stay in Marriotts also as their govt. per diem is definately better than an ES!!! but every now and then I get a deal on an ES (like in Alexandria, VA) and the location means NO rental car! So, that is how I'm lucky enough to swing that.

ES has different suites ...I think ...at this location. My boss stays in this one about 3 weeks a year. He says he has stayed in both (I asked that same quesiton). He says they have remodled and have gone to the more Floridian/Caribbean look.

I suggest that you email Tom, front desk manager, and ask him for a more sedate room for your group...OR CALL. They are very helpful and have been more than accomodiating with our 5 rooms. once you have booked the rooms just call the 800# and ask for reservations. Give them your confirmation numbers and ask to be placed together, far away from each other, 1st floor, whatever...they will document it on your reservation and normally what you request (especially this early) is granted. They know that a happy customer will come back!

If your group likes a happy hour they will love ES. They have a two hour manager's cocktail hour from 5-7. It is very nice. They can't fix the frozen drinks for you but most of your basic drinks and beer and wine they have. But shoot....it is FREE.....can't complain about that too much! It is just nice to sit down and enjoy a drink before dinner!

Good luck and maybe we will see you there....when are you booking? We will be there December 1st....so just listen for the loud group! That will be us!

We're not due in until May 2007. I think I'm the only in the group for that would be interested in happy hour, but I'll try to make it when we go. I'm sure I can swindle someone in joining for a soda or something.

I can't wait to go!

Archived