Solo Shore Ideas -Eastern Carib

LibraByTheSea

I have booked the Valor by myself July 17

Got a Cat 1A assigned 1212 portholes (don't know much more than that)

Going to Nassau, St Thomas, St Marten

Any suggestions of excursions or shore activities would be appreciated.

I am a real estate broke and I am looking to chill out, which is why I decided to go alone...not in the modd for worrying about anybody else and what they want to do...this time its "all about me" lol

I love the beach, sailling, snorkling, shopping.

Thought about grabbing a cab to the French side in St Marten and getting a massage on the beach, eat at a cool place on the beach and enjoy a few cocktails while enjoying the fresh air and gorgeous beach.

St Thomas I am thinking the sailing trip to snorkel Buck Island. Did that a few years ago on my first "Singles Cruise" (thats another story lol) Snorkling with the sea turtles was amazing.

Nassau no plan but to walk into town maybe buy a nice "knock off bag" find a local place for a Kalik and a bite and maybe walk to the beach for a couple hours of sun BUT I've been there so many times I could end up staying on board and having the ship to myself.

(Did I mention I have cruised alot lol) The solo thing is due to divorce.

Soooo any great ides for a young 50 something female reinventing herself would be greatly appreciated.

21days .... yes!

Hi Libra....sounds like you are really looking forward to this cruise. You have a great cabin...if it's anything like Glory cabin #1211.....lots of room to move around in and nice to be able to look out on the ocean.

You seem to have lots of experience cruising and exploring the islands. I've done the Eastern a few times solo and basically have done what you did.

While in St. Thomas...I went by myself to Red Hook and took the ferry to St. John...had an incredible day snorkeling at one of the beaches..met a gal from another ship and we had great fun.

In the Bahamas, hooked up with another couple and went to Atlantis, again spent the day on the beach

In St. Maarten....went to the French side by taxi..but never went over to Orient Beach..maybe next time......back to Phillipsburg and had a great time in town

I don't think my ideas are that great since you seem to have lots of good experiences yourself....but I bet you'll have a great time and will find lots of interesting spots to visit. Enjoy your cruise!!

• 1 month later...

Hi Libra,

Sounds like you've got some great ideas already.

Taking a cab over to the French side in St. Martin is a GREAT idea. I taxi'd to Marigot (the capital city of St. Martin) last year and really enjoyed it. They have great shopping there. (both high-end & casual open-air markets located at the seaside). You'll also find many french bakeries & sidewalk bistros here. Great for lunch or just a snack.

Afterwards, if you want to go to a great beach for a few hours, Orient beach (back near Phillipsburg) is VERY nice, and the direction that your taxi will come in from Marigot provides a breathtaking view of the beach & surrounding area. ("kodak moment" for sure) Have your camera ready!

St. Thomas: Have you ever taken the tram up to Paradise Point? It's within walking distance from the ships & provides a beautiful view of Charlotte Amalie from their deck where you can have lunch and/or one of their famous Bushwhackers. Also highly recommend taking a ferry over to St. John. If you're in the mood for more "Beach-time", TRUNK BAY is absolutely gorgeous! They also have a nice snorkel trail there. If you still haven't had lunch, try DUFFY'S LOVE SHACK. (A very unique tropical menu)built in a treehouse overlooking trunk Bay:-). Afterwards there might still be time to do a little shopping at Havensight before getting back onboard.

Whatever you decide to do, have FUN!!

Annie

Archived