Formal Nights on Alaska Cruise

Kraeaus

My husband and I are sailing on the Island Princess on July 10th. We were wondering about the 2 formal nights. My husband has a suit, as well as a tux that he could wear. Is there anyone who has ben on this cruise that could give us an idea about what most of the men wear on formal night (tux, suit, or shirt and tie.) Thanks!!!

Tux's and dark suits were the norm.. I see no problem wearing either. Whatever makes your hubby feel comfortable will be OK.. Myself, I prefer a tux as I have a found out that a man wearing a tux during dinner has way more fun after dinner :D:D

When we cruise, I take a black dbl breasted suit with tux shirt, studs/cuff links, 2 bow ties, and cumberbunds. You have to look pretty close to see it's not actually a tux, especially when the lights are low. That way I don't have to rent or buy a tux that I'll only wear once or twice a year at most. My black suit I can wear throughout the year. I still feel "very formal" and have the option of wearing the trousers alone on other nights.

(tip - you can buy a tux shirt from the rental stock of formal wear stores....they're laundered, pressed, and very reasonable)

Archived