Has anyone had speciality restaurant food in their stateroom?

flagger

Has anyone ever asked to have specialty restaurant food delivered via room service? I am not asking about rules or policy, I am just wondering if one was willing to pay the surcharge if anyone had successfully ordered and received something in their stateroom off of the speciality restaurant menu.

We were in the PH on Summit and were told it wasn't possible. Don't know why, but that's the answer we got. I suppose it might have to do with the quality of the food not being as good. Everyone knows that room service meals, regardless of where they're prepared, tend to arrive not as hot or as it's intended as if it were served in the restaurant, so I guess X wants to maintain their high quality expectations.

I thought that much of the food is prepared for you at your table too, so can understand why the Speciality menu would only be available in the restaurant. Personally speaking, a lot of the fun of eating this way is to experience the restaurant itself and its surroundings.

Phil

I once was talking to one of the waiters, or managers, in the Normandy about seating times. He mentioned that in order to maintain their level of service and quality they are constrained more by kitchen and serving capacity than by the size of the room. That's why they will only seat a certain number of guests at one time - spreading the seatings over the course of the evening. I'd guess this limit would tend to prohibit them from being able to accommodate room service - as opposed to the main kitchens which would have huge capacity.

I once read on these boards that the specialty restaurant kitchen prepares the food for the Spa Cafe. Not sure if this is accurate or not. I have noticed that the Spa Cafe offers hot dishes cooked to order in addition to the cold "buffet" plates they are most noted for. We've never had these (or maybe did only once).

Not in the room. But I used to go to the Olympic after hours and a friend would sneak us some desserts and coffee. They have the best food ever and we liked it over the midnight "bites".

The policy is to keep the real food in the restaurant and not provide dinner services in the cabins.

Don

Archived