Westin Bayshore in Vancouver

bstrayer

I read on the boards that people that have booked through Priceline have called to get upgrade to Tower for extra $30 per night. When I called hotel to do this I was told they did not have access to change my reservation since I booked through Priceline and I would have to call them? Anyone out there with a suggestion on what/how they did this?:confused:

Hmm, I called the Westin Bayshore just 2 days ago, and the story I got was that I would have to wait until I arrived to request a Tower Room... guess it depends who answers the phone! :mad:

We stayed in the Westin on 6/2/06 and they told us that they could not upgrade us because we booked through Priceline. We weren't asking for a free upgrade either. The clerk said he was not allowed to upgrade Priceline customers even though the hotel was not full.

I guess it just depends on who you talk to.

You do realize that the $30 is simply for view, right? The hotel has been remodeled and all the rooms are basically the same. You might just be looking at an air conditioner on top of a roof instead of the water. We won't be in the room except to sleep so that is why we didn't upgrade but when I emailed the assistant manager at the hotel, Winne Lui, they did offer to upgrade us for $30. We also booked with priceline and got $70 a night so we are going to count our savings and not worry about the view.

Here is EXACTLY what was written to me:

For all price-line reservations, they are

automatically booked into rooms that don't have much of a view. This

particular room type is also located on our lower floors however do have

all the same amenities as our harbour view rooms i.e. heavenly bed,

heavenly shower, mini-bar, and etc.

All of our rooms have the same

configuration and furniture and therefore if you stayed in a room on the

9th floor, it would look the same as one on the 2nd floor. If a view and

being on a higher floor is important to your group, you can upgrade to a

harbour view room for an additional $30 per evening.

Hope that helps! Enjoy your trip, I know I plan to!

It won't ruin my trip, by any means, but because we won't be going to Vancouver again in the near future, having a view is important to me... I would love to have a choice. Pay for the upgrade, or not. I would be willing to pay the extra...:D

It won't ruin my trip, by any means, but because we won't be going to Vancouver again in the near future, having a view is important to me... I would love to have a choice. Pay for the upgrade, or not. I would be willing to pay the extra...:D

Here is the email of the person I referenced above. It's worth a try!

Lui, Winne [Winne.Lui@westin.com]

Hope it helps!

Hmm, I called the Westin Bayshore just 2 days ago, and the story I got was that I would have to wait until I arrived to request a Tower Room... guess it depends who answers the phone! :mad:

We booked through Priceline for late May and I called a couple of days in advance and requested a tower room. I told him I understood I would have to pay the upgrade of $30 per night and was told "no problem...I got you moved". When we arrived we got our tower room and enjoyed it. I agree it may be who you talked to, the time of year you are traveling or a multitude of other things. I did not see the "non-tower" rooms but I had read on the board that those rooms had not be renovated and were old and musty and I just did not want to take the chance.

Here is the email of the person I referenced above. It's worth a try!

Lui, Winne [Winne.Lui@westin.com]

Hope it helps!

Thank you CStorm. I have sent an email, and will let you know what the response is!

Appreciate your time!

Best Regards!

I booked the Westin Bayshore through Priceline many months ago. We stayed there for one night on June 14th. We were very impressed with our "non-tower" room, the hospitality, and the hotel in general. (A much better experience than the Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge!) Our non-tower room had a harbor view. The best part was that we disembarked our ship at 7:45 a.m., took a taxi to the Westin Bayshore, and they had a room ready for us to check in by 8:30 a.m.! The front desk even gave us a free in-room movie coupon! We were able to nap, clean up, then wander around Vancouver for an entire day. I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

I have stayed in both non tower and tower rooms, the non tower room we had a water view and the tower room we didnt, we had the city view, it didnt matter to us, both were spectacular, the beds are "heavenly" and never did we smell musky in the non tower room. Out of all the hotels in Vancouver, it is one of my favourites, must check out the jewellery store in the hotel, incredible bargains !!

I know nothing about using Priceline but would love to surprise my daughter with this hotel on the water.

Can someone pease help me with HOW to reserve this specific hotel?

When I've checked onto the Priceline site in the past, it seemed to me that I needed to give them my credit card number and other information and then I'd be "stuck" with any hotel they assigned me; is that not true?

Please help me make a reservation for a specific hotel; I'm really in the dark and need education!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

If you're making a reservation via Priceline, there is no way to get a specific hotel...you get what you're given.

The majority of the time though, folks have been getting the Westin Bayshore by limiting their choices to 4* in the Vancouver area (there's a seperate very lengthy thread... IIRC it's called "Vancouver hotels" ...explaining how people were bidding).

Still, there are no guarantees....

We justed stayed at the Westin July 1st, Canada Day and had booked thru Priceline.

We arrived at 10:00am, tried to check in early and requested a tower upgrade. We were told they were completely booked, so no upgrade. They also said we would not be able to check in until 3pm since the rooms were not ready. Since there were three of us I also requested at least two double beds and was told we are guaranteed at minimum a room for two and that a rollaway could be provided. We left our bags there and went touring.

My MIL returned to the Hotel early (1pm) and attempted to checkin again, but again they wouldn't let her. Since I had told her to ask for a double she kept at them, and they offered her a room on the 20th floor with a corner waterfront balcony she thought this was an upgrade. In reality it was the corner living room to a suite (the actual bedrooms were seperate and the connecting doors closed, so we didn't have access to those). They had put two rollaways (they were heavenly so they were quite comfortable) and we also pulled out a sofa bed. We had plenty of room and quite a view of the yachts below. We were quite comfortable and it.

The Westin was about a 10 minute walk to Stanley park, and at the park they have a free trolley shuttle that will take you around hopping off and on.

Vancouver was a wonderful city!

Laura

Archived