Cooking Classes

Beckey

Hi, my DH (I think this means husband) and I will be taking our first cruise Sept 11 on the Zuiderdam. He wants to know if there are any cooking classes that he can take on the days at sea. Yes, you read it correctly HE wants to take a cooking class (he does all the cooking) I want a tall fruitty drink and a comfortable deck chair :p

Love Hugs and Prayers

Beckey

bcatholic@aol.com

i have seen cooking classes on the ship though its not what we think of a cooking class a member of the kitchen staff shows how a certain dish is prepared and the recipe is handed out, i haven't seen any classes in a few cruises i have taken it would probably be better to check with the cruise director on board as he or she may know if one is scheduled, it seems that this to may have been discontinued since i have not seen one on the daily activities list while on board the last 3-4 cruises.hope this helps

I just read on the HAL web page about the Signature of Excellence and how they are implementing a Culinary Arts Program. Now not sure if this means cooking classes or what type of program this is, but I will be interested myself to see what's what with this program. Anyone out there seen this onboard any HAL ships yet? If so, any information on it?

The only things I have seen are vegetable carving demonstrations or a demo of fondue cooking, but these are normally on longer cruises. Have no idea what the Culinary Arts program is all about but I believe they will be held in the Wajang Theatre (on ships that have a separate theatre). Also, the only recipes I have ever received are those by Chef Wolfgang and he did not have a cooking class.

The only "classes" I have seen on both X and HAL are cooking demonstrations accompanied by a printed recipe. Only once per cruise, and it's always been a single item. Since implementing the Pinnacle Grill, it's been crab cakes.

Archived