Picture of Carnival Ship in hurricane

I wonder who got close enough to film this??!!

Photoshop?

That's what I was wondering! Was there another ship right in front of it, or some kind of low-flying aircraft that took the pictures. I would almost have to bet that it was created in Photoshop.

That's what I was wondering! Was there another ship right in front of it, or some kind of low-flying aircraft that took the pictures. I would almost have to bet that it was created in Photoshop.

I'm going to go to sleep tonight thinking, knowing, that those photos were created and aren't real! :eek:

I believe that those pics are from last year and it is one of the ships that was sent to New Orleans after katrina. I think the original post stated that it was being used to house FEMA employees and when the hurricane hit they sent it out to sea. I think the photos are from the Coast Guard. But I could be wrong.

I love those photos and I do believe they are from last year.

There is an older one, have no idea how to find it, of the entire bow of a Carnival ship covered with water from a wave. Too bad a pic didn't get taken of NCL Dawn when a 70 ft. rogue wave hit it :eek:

I think of photos like these when people ask if they will feel movement and the answer is "the ships are very large and have stabilizers, so you won't feel a thing".

The truth is that the ships have very sophisticated equipment and together with land based meteorologists, they can move around the large storms at sea, so pax don't have to suffer movement like this. Most of the time. I've been on a of ships that felt like it was being tossed around the ocean, it's not fun and a bit scary. I just have taken my seasick meds, gone to bed and hung on, so I wasn't thrown out of the bed. Both times, I slept through the worst of it.

I believe that those pics are from last year and it is one of the ships that was sent to New Orleans after katrina. I think the original post stated that it was being used to house FEMA employees and when the hurricane hit they sent it out to sea. I think the photos are from the Coast Guard. But I could be wrong.

I am pretty sure you are right about that. I remember they surfaced right after Katrina and that it was stated the coast guard took them. From what I remember there were no passengers on board..it was just the crew. That would be a HORRIBLE vacation!

The photo is of the Carnival Sensation as seen from the Carnival Ecstacy. Since both were chartered by FEMA, both were in New Orleans housing emergency workers. Though when Wilma ( I think) followed a month later, the ships were sent out to sea, as being in the open ocean for a ship is better than being tied to the pier during a hurricane.

These pics are real. Shots were taken from the other Carnival ship that set out to sea. Minimal crew on board and NO passengers. They say a ship is better off at sea when a hurricane threatens than being docked. I can't imagine, but I guess this beats being slammed against a pier.

The photo is of the Carnival Sensation as seen from the Carnival Ecstacy. Since both were chartered by FEMA, both were in New Orleans housing emergency workers. Though when Wilma ( I think) followed a month later, the ships were sent out to sea, as being in the open ocean for a ship is better than being tied to the pier during a hurricane.

Actually, the ship in the picture is the Ecstacy. If you look closely on the last picture you can see Ecstacy on the bow.

Archived