Picture of Carnival Ship in hurricane

well thank you all for scaring the beejesus out of me for the first time with a cruise. That is scary seeing the WHOLE front of the ship under water. I hope this wasn't real:confused:

It is real, but you can relax. The ship had no passengers on it. It was one of the ships brought in by FEMA to house Hurricane Katrina victims and when Rita headed towards the coast they had to send the ships out to protect them. If the ship had had passengers on it, the Captain would've gone out of his way to avoid that weather, for passenger safety and comfort.

When those pictures came out last September, I sent them around to my buddy list people, including my in laws.

My FIL immediately made me cancel our family cruise that was to leave this Friday, 6/29. Boy was I pissed!

The power of pictures. :eek:

Those of us who qualify for Senior discounts are sort of chuckling over these posts--we remember watching "Victory at Sea" in the 50's--look how the sea treated some of both the large and small naval vessels.

I was on a ship from Boulogne to Dover in the 90's in Gale Force 8 winds--the Captain said it was the highest winds the ship had ever sailed in (said it after we left the dock!) Luckily, it only took 2 hours--but I wasn't sure if it was going to be my last two.

Happy Cruising

Those of us who qualify for Senior discounts are sort of chuckling over these posts--we remember watching "Victory at Sea" in the 50's--look how the sea treated some of both the large and small naval vessels.

I was on a ship from Boulogne to Dover in the 90's in Gale Force 8 winds--the Captain said it was the highest winds the ship had ever sailed in (said it after we left the dock!) Luckily, it only took 2 hours--but I wasn't sure if it was going to be my last two.

Happy Cruising

You don't have to be that old to recall those conditions...lol. I was on a Guided Missle Frigate <DLG> in the early 70's heading to South America and was on the bridge while we were taking water over the bows.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived