If you are looking for a cheap hotel in LB

spookwife

We stayed at the Vagabond Inn on Alamitos.. total per night was $60 with AAA discount and all taxes. our first night(we stayed pre and post Carnival Pride) was in a lovely recently redone first floor room. our second night was in a 3rd floor room that had not been redone, and while the room was just as clean and neat, the bathroom mirror was broken and there was less shelf space in there. there was a pool and some covered parking was available. Water pressure in the shower was most enjoyable. Within walking distance of The Pike and Shorline Village, although the free shuttle system was also accessible as well.

We felt it was a nice room for the price, saving us more dough for the S&S bill. No shuttle to the Queen Mary Pier and we couldn't park the car there because they were booked solid all week, but Ramon at the front desk said normally they allow it.

be advised, though.. the free continental breakfast was rather sparse, although lots of coffee and juice was available and it's on a busy street. If you are looking for bare bones accomodations, it's fine. if you are expecting something more lavish, than look elsewhere.

I live in SO CA and go to LB on occasional basis for shows, concerts,etc. and I usually stay overnight. A couple of other budget hotels just a block from the Vagabond Inn (if you stayed at the one I 'm thinking about) is the Travelodge & Rodeway Inn on Atlantic b/t 1st and Ocean Ave.Both are bare bones, nothing fancy but are relatively nice.The Travelodge has a mini fridge in the room.The hotels are close to shoreline village,the Queen Mary.......

Archived