Should I pursue getting a price change??

jeanettep

We booked October 22 sailing to Bermuda on the CROWN and got what I thought was a pretty good price along with On Board Credit. Seems NCL offers the OBC on Wednesdays when they have a "one day sale." Well, wouldn't you know it, our price has been reduced today by $30 per passenger and you get the same OBC.

Since there are only two of us travelling, is it worth the trouble to go to our Travel Agent and ask for a price reduction? It would only be $60. We have made a deposit and our final payment will be billed to our credit card in a few weeks. Should I wait to see if the price is reduced even more before final billing?

Any advice from those who've been in the same situation? Thanks.

We booked October 22 sailing to Bermuda on the CROWN and got what I thought was a pretty good price along with On Board Credit. Seems NCL offers the OBC on Wednesdays when they have a "one day sale." Well, wouldn't you know it, our price has been reduced today by $30 per passenger and you get the same OBC.

Since there are only two of us travelling, is it worth the trouble to go to our Travel Agent and ask for a price reduction? It would only be $60. We have made a deposit and our final payment will be billed to our credit card in a few weeks. Should I wait to see if the price is reduced even more before final billing?

Any advice from those who've been in the same situation? Thanks.

If your looking at a price from another "Wednesday Sale" then you won't be able to get it since they are for new bookings only. If you have a booking with them you can't cancel and re-book, they are really strict on this for the Wednesday sales.

Last week I noticed a price change for our stateroom on the Majesty. All I did was speak with the person at NCL that booked me originally for the 9/24 Majesty sailing and it was adjusted. What had to be done was to book a new reservation, let him know what the new reservation number was. He cancelled the previous reservation, billed my credit card for the deposit again, and credited the deposit I had made for the first reservation. I received a confirmation immediately. Worth it to save some money!

Last week I noticed a price change for our stateroom on the Majesty. All I did was speak with the person at NCL that booked me originally for the 9/24 Majesty sailing and it was adjusted. What had to be done was to book a new reservation, let him know what the new reservation number was. He cancelled the previous reservation, billed my credit card for the deposit again, and credited the deposit I had made for the first reservation. I received a confirmation immediately. Worth it to save some money!

They will do this but they will not give you the OBC from the Wed. sale. It is for new bookings only and yours would not quailfy. You still saved money and that is a great thing!

I didn't know there were Wednesday sales but the price for my 10/8 Majesty cruise went down $30 one week and then was reduced another $20 the next week. When the reduction hit $50 I called the NCL agent who booked the cruise and she told me that they had already automatically reduced my fare by the $30 and she would now reduce it $20 to match the $50. I thought you had to ask for these reductions, no? (Final payment is due 7/25.)

Quite often they will reduce the fair automatically but not if it is a sale, special, like the Wednesday sale. These prices are for "NEW BOOKINGS" only.

If however we aren't referring to Wednesday sale or any such thing giving them a call won't hurt. What is the worst that can happen? Sorry we can't adjust your price. NMNita

What is the worst that can happen? Sorry we can't adjust your price. NMNita

That is my thinking about most things: it never hurts to ask. I have no idea whether I got a "sale" price of any kind when I booked but I was satisfied with the price I got so the $50 reduction is just icing on the cruise. LOL I guess from reading these boards I thought I would have to ask but was very pleased NCL reduced it on their own. I have to say all my contacts with NCL have been positive and the automatic reduction in the cost just re-confirms my past experiences with them.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

We are also booked on the 22nd cruise and noticed the fares had dropped, so a couple weeks ago I called our TA and we got a reduction, $40 pp for my husband and me, and $100 pp for my parents (senior rate I guess). So altogether it saved our group $280 which is GREAT! I also asked to be on the upsell list but I'm not sure if that happened so I'm going to ask again when we make final payment. I'm also planning to call a week or so before final payment to see if there are any other reductions we can get - it looks like the Crown isn't selling well for Sept or Oct.

So it never ever hurts to ask - even if it might just be a little bit of $$ every dollar counts.

Hope to see you onboard!

Archived