Pre-book excursions or wait?

cmpaula

As a general rule, do most of you book your excurions ahead or wait until you are on board? We have done it both ways and was wondering what everyone else thought. There is probably a thread somewhere here about this but I didn't find it!

We generally pre-book ours for two reasons; first is just in case they sell out of a particular excursion which happens from time to time and second so that we don't have to stand on a line or worry that if we put the form in a box that it get misplaced.

Keith

We always pre-book. Same reason. By the time they had the excursion talk on the Elation, so many of the excursions were sold out. Plus to me that's part of the pre-trip excitement - narrowing down all the possibilities.

I pre-book for the same reasons as the other posters, but I also have a third reason. I like to know the trip is totally paid for before I leave. Then all I have to plan for are pictures/tips/souvenirs. Not such a bighit to the old pocket book.:D

Always pre-book before and therefore get the excursion that we want. Also, only book thru the cruiseline. On our first cruise some years ago to Mexico, a couple at our table went off on a bus trip that they booked dock side--a few dollars less than booking thru the ship. The bus had mechanical problems and was late getting back. The couple did make it back but with only minutes to spare before the ship sailed. If they missed the ship, they would be on their own.

Archived