New to CC Boards ?? about suites

drarill

Hi everyone:

We just booked our first Princess cruise, been to Costa, RCCL and Disney before and enjoyed concierge services in RCCL and Disney. We booked a Penthouse Suite but there is no info about any special services for suites guests. Love to get some feedback on the rooms and service.

Thanks

Lydia

1989 Costa

1993 Majesty of the Seas

1997 Nordic Empress

2002 Splendour of the Seas

2003 Disney Wonder

2004 Disney Magic

Lydia:

We have a penthouse suite on the Golden next week. Go to the Princess website, click on "news" for press releases and you'll see an early June press release that lists perks. This is our first time on Princess, but from what I've read, not everyone has received everything thats on the list. We'll let you know when we get back.

Kelly

I was in a suite on the Diamond last month and I will try to remember the perks.

One time bar set up consisting of 8 airline sized bottles of vodka, gin, canadian club and cognac. 2 tonics, 2 colas, 2 waters, 2 beers and 2 perriers.

appetizers each night

fresh flowers in room

daily fresh fruit

corsage and boutinerire (sp?) on first formal nights

chocolate covered strawberries and glass of champagne on first night

fancy tea service brought to room

full room service menus

free laundry and dry cleaning/pressing (I used this one almost every day)

free shoe shining

a large, beautiful stateroom with separate sleeping and living area

huge tub with jacuzzi

glass shower

separate area for toilet and sink

lotus spa shampoos, etc.

large, plush towels

warm, plush robe

slippers to take home with Princess logo

two sliding glass doors leading out to very large balcony with beautiful lawn furniture.

And that's just what's on the top of my head. You will love the stateroom. I felt like a Queen.

Enjoy!

Possibly the only difference you will notice is that there is no dedicated butler or concierge service for suite passengers. The three ships launched this year have a concierge button on the phone - they are extremely helpful.

Here are a few more perks:

You can use the Platinum/Elite check-in line when you embark. If you have to tender, you will be issued priority tender tickets instead of getting a number. A limited number of tables for two are reserved for suite passengers in the PC dining room (call ahead).

Here are some pics of the PS and PH suites on the Grand/Golden:

Suite pics

The PH and PS suites look almost identical on Grand class - the PH suites are centrally located while the PS suites are aft. Not sure which ship you are looking for but hope this helps.

We had a VS on the Island and Coral they are the same layout as the PS on the other ships. Another perk you will have is a private sitting for pictures on a Formal Night in your suite, just make sure you line it up with the photo shop. You also get Priority Tender tickets....

Debi

I also have pics of our VS suite in the album posted above. Our VS was just a tad bit smaller but had the same layout of the PS and PH suite. I would sail any day in any of those suites in a heart beat!

Archived