Guaranteed room question.

bluedevil72

Can someone explain to me what a guaranteed room is? We have sailed several times before but always just picked the room we wanted. We are looking at the Destiny next summer to the Southern Caribbean and the first thing that shows up on the list of rooms is a guaranteed room. (We are looking at an inside room for this cruise.) Could that guarantee turn out to be a 1A, a lower and upper bunk, which we obviously would not want. Thank you for your help.

The only way you'd get a 1A is if you chose that category. An Inside Guarantee means they can give you any inside cabin [other than 1A]. Carnival's decision. You can choose Outside, Balcony, Suite. Same situation. Final option is the ability to choose a Category guarantee. In that instance, you're guaranteed at a cabin in at least that category. Like all other options, Carnival makes the final decision on what cabin you have

I've been upgraded to a great room with a GTY, and I've also gotten one of the "worst" rooms on the deck that I paid the GTY for ... it's a gamble. If you are picky about wanting a specific location for your room, just book it straight. If you really don't care (like me), then book a GTY in the lowest category you can stand and have an adventure!

Archived