Great Stirrup Cay

pampaul

We'll be taking our first trip to GSC this August. Can't wait. I'm hoping to be on the first tender over there so we can each get a chair. My question is....if we leave our towels, shirts on the chairs, what's the possibility of them being removed from someone and them taking that chair? I hear it gets busy and I'm wondering if people can keep their chairs or is this not allowed?

I did not see much of the chair hogs on the Island. However, when you get off the tender go to the left side of the dock. The sand is better and access to the water is smoother. There are large rocks on the right side. At least that is the way it was before the storms of last year. We got our food from the buffet line and returned to the beach to eat. Hang the towel in the umbrella and bring water shoes if you have them. You should really enjoy the first time on GSC.

We'll be taking our first trip to GSC this August. Can't wait. I'm hoping to be on the first tender over there so we can each get a chair. My question is....if we leave our towels, shirts on the chairs, what's the possibility of them being removed from someone and them taking that chair? I hear it gets busy and I'm wondering if people can keep their chairs or is this not allowed?

Just back from the Dawn GSC was the best part of our trip! we were on the first tender ran to the right put our stuff on the chairs rented a party float for the three of us and only got out of the water to eat the bbq:)

the chairs are fine no one bothered them it was so hot everyone was in the water. we saw stingrays and so many fish right off the side of our float we never even used our snorkel gear.

Just back from the Dawn GSC was the best part of our trip! we were on the first tender ran to the right put our stuff on the chairs rented a party float for the three of us and only got out of the water to eat the bbq:)

the chairs are fine no one bothered them it was so hot everyone was in the water. we saw stingrays and so many fish right off the side of our float we never even used our snorkel gear.

Have a question about the Dawn, did they have the dine around program in Bermuda, where you get a voucher for $5.00 to use for lunch? Have heard others say yes and others say no. Thanks for your help. Vicki

I just got back from my trip (6/17) and the island was the highlight. But please remember get your tender tickets early! The day before they had it in the Freestyle Daily that you can pick up your tickets between 2pm and 6pm in the Library on deck 12. Well, I didn't get there until 2:30 and the line was from the Library to the Spinnacker Lounge!

But it was still worth it - we were still on the 1st tender - even though my # was 309! EileenN is right - go to the left when getting off the sand is better - and also take the lower level of the tender. We were on the top, and had to get off last. By the time we were on the beach all the chasis lounges were gone. but we used the beach chairs and they were just fine.

Enough of that - more about the fabulous water!!!! So warm, so clear and the fish swim right up to you! Great day! :D

we were on the first tender over to gsc in the AM around 8am. tons of chairs when you go early - nobody seems to move your stuff. we got chairs and i never sat in it- was in the water the whole time. wear water shoes lots of rocks and bring your own snorkle equip to save money and wasting time on long rental lines. water was warm clear and calm teaming with fish and skates excellent for snorkling- dont worry about skates very friendly. good food.and music tender very big holds up to 230 people each trip the ride to and from ship is less than 10 min each way. wish we had 2 days there

we were on the first tender over to gsc in the AM around 8am. tons of chairs when you go early - nobody seems to move your stuff. we got chairs and i never sat in it- was in the water the whole time. wear water shoes lots of rocks and bring your own snorkle equip to save money and wasting time on long rental lines. water was warm clear and calm teaming with fish and skates excellent for snorkling- dont worry about skates very friendly. good food.and music tender very big holds up to 230 people each trip the ride to and from ship is less than 10 min each way. wish we had 2 days there

We will be there next week, we are bringing our own mask and snorkle. Do they rent fins? Do you really need fins? Do you have to wear a vest? Thanks. Vicki

We will be there next week, we are bringing our own mask and snorkle. Do they rent fins? Do you really need fins? Do you have to wear a vest? Thanks. Vicki

Wearing a vest is mandatory. They provide them FOC. just sign for them at the dive shack.

take a small box of cereal from the breakfast buffet and squish it up with a little water in the bag. THE FISH LOVE IT.

We didn't join the race to be first on the beach. We had a leisurely wait for open tendering and then got on the island at about 1100. Managed to find a couple of chairs.

Quite honestly, it is just a base to keep your stuff as you spend most of the time in the water.

In fear of sounding silly - why can't NCL have cabanas for their island? Just wishful thinking but wouldn't that be grand? :D

I would say it probably has something to do with the proximity to civilization. The few people that are near the island do a little maintenance work and sell their crafts when ships are there. Half Moon Cay is much closer to a larger workforce which would be needed to maintain such structures.

Just my opinion. I could be as simple as, NCL does feel they are worth the effort.:eek:

PE

• 4 weeks later...
By the time we were on the beach all the chasis lounges were gone. but we used the beach chairs and they were just fine.

What's the difference between chasis lounges and beach chairs?

Also, are there any shaded areas on this beach? I can't be out in the sun too long due to medications that I am taking.

Kathy

Archived