Captain's Club ???

emilygrace

DH and I recently sailed on the Infinity and LOVED it. When we got home I went to the X website and signed up for the Captain's Club, since I know we will sail with them again. I figured since I will be Platinum on RCL, the next time we sail on X I may as well get some perks. Anyway, I got an email from X acknowledging that I signed up and they said they would follow up soon with our Club #s. So tonight I get an email from them, but it greets and welcomes DH to the Captain's Club and gives him his membership #.

I realize that cruise lines are still operating in the dark ages and are sort of sexist, such as always putting the man's name first on the booking, etc. Anyway, my question is, will I get a separate CC # of my own? If not, what if I am cruising without DH? Would I just use his #? I know when I signed up for RCL Crown and Anchor we each got our own membership # and we always each get our own welcome back gifts and coupon books.

Thanks!

Just call the number and they will get you a number. And you should let them know that you and your husband are Palatinum on RCL. They will move you to a higher lever.

...and I always book under my wifes name and hers comes first. It's not their choice, it is yours.

You get your very own number and your significant other gets a number!!!

My wife got her number before me, I did not jump to the conclusion that Celebrity was infested with feminists....

Easy, your blood pressure can only take so much!

I realize that cruise lines are still operating in the dark ages and are sort of sexist, such as always putting the man's name first on the booking, etc.

For the same reason the ladies always place their orders first and get served first in the dining room. When it is convenient some people like the dark ages.:D:rolleyes::cool:

Just in case you don't have the phone number for the Captain's Club - here it is:

1-800-760-0654

By the way, my husband and I have two cards with two different numbers. I heard stories that some people didn't get cards or it took forever to receive them. We received ours about two months after our cruise on the Infinity and I was impressed!

Also, I called the CC and asked them a question that they didn't have the answer to. They said they would e-mail the ship (Xpedition) then e-mail be back within a week. They did (in less then a week) and I was totally impressed that the CC actually did what they promised to do. Don't find customer service like that nowadays (IMHO).

Great 4th weekend everyone!

For the same reason the ladies always place their orders first and get served first in the dining room. When it is convenient some people like the dark ages.:D:rolleyes::cool:

ROFL!!! So true!!

Thanks for all your quick responses. The funny thing is that I am the one that signed up and put my name first and then put DH's name as additional family members, but he's the one that got a # first. I'll give it a week or so and if I don't get a separate # by then I'll give them a call (thanks for the phone # Katiekatie).

I wasn't really getting all worked up over this, it's just that whenever I book a cruise I always use my name and MY credit card, and they always list DH as first on the booking. It's not a big deal to me, but I was just wondering what would happen if I took an X cruise without DH (usually do an annual Chick Cruise)?

Thanks again!

they always list DH as first on the booking.

On average we're also the ones that St Peter picks to precede the woman throught the pearly gates... or that other place. Maybe its because guys just don't have the patience too wait..:cool:

When my status was raised to Select, I got my notification. Then a week or so later my husband (who had only accompanied me on ONE cruise) got his notification that he was Select, and to top it off, my 32 year old son who has only been on one cruise with me also is now Select. My daughter who has been on 2 cruises with me, is not. I don't know if it's because the three who were moved to Select all used the same mailing address or what. Anyone with any insight on this let me know.

After our first Celebrity cruise, I filled out two forms to enroll in CC....one for myself and one for SO....different surnames and different addresses....but I mailed them in the same envelope. Sometime later, he was welcomed to the Captain's Club and received a membership card. I received nothing. When we booked our second cruise we mentioned it to the TA, so TA contacted Celebrity and, lo and behold, they did have a number for me. To this day I've never received a card, but at least now I know the number.:o

Phyllis, the way it works with Royal Caribbean's Crown and Anchor is that all C&A members residing at the same address will have the status of whoever is the highest level. Sounds like Captain's Club is the same.

I sailed on my first RCI cruise about three years ago without DH. Signed up for the Crown and Anchor club. Recieved my membership number by email but no card. Prior to our next RCI cruise we requested cards for both of us. DH recieved his, I never recieved mine. Guess it really doesn't matter as no one ever asks to see it.

Archived