Freedom hump cabin 9342

Hi all,

I've been reading these boards for weeks trying to decide which cruise, which cabin, etc. etc. I can say I sure have learned alot here! I just put a hold on cabin 9342 (hump) on Freedom. I guess I'm just looking for assurances from the experts that I did the right thing. Looking forward to a great cruise experience. Thanks,

Connie

Perfect cabin & location. My parents will be in that cabin in September. We were suppose to be next door in 9340 but Royal realized those cabins are for 2 not 4 like originally shown on the deck plans. If there were just two of us I would snap up that cabin in a heartbeat.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Thanks for the replies. I just put down a deposit on this. This is our first cruise and I am so excited, now I just have to count the days until we go.

May 13, 2007 - Western Caribbean.

We are in 9642 on Sept 10, which is same room on the other side of ship, so I will take some pictures for you and post them when we return.

I had no clue what a hump room was when I booked, and I think I drove the poor guy nuts at RCI and he finally gave me that room so I would quit calling :D

I can't wait , I am so excited !

Sue

We are in 9642 on Sept 10, which is same room on the other side of ship, so I will take some pictures for you and post them when we return.

Sue, I would also love to see some pics - we are booked into #8638.

Not going for a while though - 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise Sailing On The Freedom Of The Seas on 23-Dec-2007

BUT it will be our very first cruise :D

do you have any pics of 8342 ?

Thanks,

Sue

No sorry-but it really is just the same as any balcony room. It is true though, they probably could have extended the balcony more into the room to make it bigger--instead there is sort of this dead space between where the bed ends and where the balcony starts.

But really, the room is great, the view is great (port side)--there were no obstructions.

Enjoy!

Hi all,

I've been reading these boards for weeks trying to decide which cruise, which cabin, etc. etc. I can say I sure have learned alot here! I just put a hold on cabin 9342 (hump) on Freedom. I guess I'm just looking for assurances from the experts that I did the right thing. Looking forward to a great cruise experience. Thanks,

Connie

You selected a great cabin because I selected the cabin next to you months ago on the hump. I hope to meet you on May 13.

What exactly is a hump cabin? We plan to sail RCI in the spring of 2008 and I am already doing some preliminary homework. Our destination is the Mediterranean! If anyone has any additional insight into cabin or ship selection, that would be appreciated as well. We have only sailed RCI once before. Our first cruise was on the Legend of the Seas in 2000 and we are ready to come back!

F.Y.I. - 9342 (and 8342) are starboard or right side, 9642 would be port side with views of the roadways, home, hotels, and Miami Beach, when crusing out of the cut and the Port of Miami.

We had also booked 9342 for our party of 4 (now 3) and got bumped outta the hump into the last D1 all the way aft, port side on deck 10, and since moved into a JS mid-ship, port side on deck 9, after our T/A did some negoiating with RCI.

Speaking of port -vs- starboard, we love the port side views when leaving Miami...question, I believe we dock only in Montego Bay, what would be the better view, port or starboard?

Thanks in advance

-MACE-

(8/27 FOS)

What do you mean you got bumped? Do they "routinely" do that? I have booked 9642 and it's paid in full...you mean they can still bump my room?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Sue

• 7 months later...
Thanks for the replies. I just put down a deposit on this. This is our first cruise and I am so excited, now I just have to count the days until we go.

May 13, 2007 - Western Caribbean.

Take good care of it, we are in that room in April 08 :)

just switched from 9404 to 8638. Did it based on some posts I saw, was it the right decision?

make sure you look after that cabin spealex - we are in the same one for our Christmas 2007 cruise. Would love to see some pics when you get back of 'our' cabin :D

Archived