To Those Who Were On In The Past - QM2

ESLO

Hi All,

Just A Question:

I thought I read somewhere about the electrical system onboard.

Do you need any international adaptors on board the QM2?

Or, Are they all US friendly to US electrical products.

Was not sure, but noted it somewhere once in a thread that I read once.

Thank you,

Regards,

:) ESLO

(Ed & Bev)

True, there ARE US plugs. However, there are also European plugs. And if you have anything to plug-in, you should either spring for the converter ($5???) or bring a small extension cord. Then, if everything is where you want it to be, you can toss what you brought.

Hi All,

Just A Question:

I thought I read somewhere about the electrical system onboard.

Do you need any international adaptors on board the QM2?

Or, Are they all US friendly to US electrical products.

Was not sure, but noted it somewhere once in a thread that I read once.

Thank you,

Regards,

:) ESLO

(Ed & Bev)

i know there are both usa 60 cycle 110 volt and i think euro outlets as well i'm thinking 50 cycle but i'm not sure but there are two different types

The single outlet in the bathroom (Britannia, PG, and QG) is not the U.S. type, so you will need an adaptor there.

no so we were in cabin 10025 and the bathroom as well as the desk/dressing table had both types of outlets we only used the "U. S. type"

Both UK and US outlets are available but be wary of using an adaptor as the UK Sockets output 230V 50Hz and the US 110V 60Hz. Unless your equipment is compatible with the higher voltage there could be some interesting results!! The outlet in the bathroom is a shaver socket (110V and 230V outlets) and is for shavers only. High power items such as hairdryers cannot be used in the shaver outlet.

Both UK and US outlets are available but be wary of using an adaptor as the UK Sockets output 230V 50Hz and the US 110V 60Hz. Unless your equipment is compatible with the higher voltage there could be some interesting results!! The outlet in the bathroom is a shaver socket (110V and 230V outlets) and is for shavers only. High power items such as hairdryers cannot be used in the shaver outlet.

Interesting information when on board april 2005 we were advised by the room steward and housekeeping that the 110v was compatable for all our us electrical items and my wife used the for hair dryers/curling items etc,. with out any problems. Since we are sailing again in december 2006 I will contact the engineering dept to hear thier input on this matter in the meantime thanx for your detailed advise!!!!! best regards jim

Interesting information

It is - I must admit that I hadn't thought about US and European electricity being supplies at different cycles - I suppose that I knew they were but I've never needed to bother about it!

In the UK electric outlets aren't generally allowed in bathrooms, with the exception of shaver outlets which can supply a very small amount of power. Does the US have regulations about power outlets ion bathrooms? Could this explain why the UK sockets are only in the cabins, yet the US sockets are in the bathrooms as well? As far as I'm aware continental Europe doesn't have these regulations, just the UK.

The cycles are not too much of an issue it's the volts that are the real issue. As 2moose says house keeping's advise is correct (using the US sockets) but do not buy a UK to US adapter and plug US items into the UK sockets unless it is compatible with 230V. Bad things will happen if you do.

Archived