What cruise lines spend on food per person per day

I was told my someone that their travel agent said Holland America spends $45 per person per day for food and Princess only spends $15 per person per day. I have never seen this information anywhere nor have I ever been told this by anyone. I would like to know if any of you have ever heard of such a thing. I can't possibly imagine this to be true. I have always found the food on both lines acceptable. Thanks for your help

I'd doubt very much that there would be that much of a disparity between HAL and Princess. There may be a slight difference, but remember, their parent company, Carnival, has contracts in place, and purchases food for all of its subsidiaries -- HAL, Princess, along with Carnival, Windstar, Cunard, etc.

You'll see at some ports food being loaded on the ships, and there may be some difference in local charges; and, there will be some unique cultural food items loaded in particular ports-of-call. But, basically, that tenderloin "came from the same cow", and that lime, "from the same tree" regardless of which CCL’s cruise line you're traveling on.

IMO>>>Given their (CCL's) buying power, I believe the cost per day to be at the low end ($15) of the scale you mention.

Archived