Port Liberty to JFK?

Ships R Great

How do we transfer from Zenith in NJ to JFK? Can someone give me advice as to the best way to do it, as well as the most economical? I talked DH into the repo from Tampa to NJ in April. The price was great but the air is going to kill us, I'm afraid.

Be prepared for quite an expense for the transfers too. I'm on Constellation 9/24. I checked at about three cab companies, super shuttle and about four limo companies. We are two older ladies and have huge suitcases. I was quoted $110 by the cab companies just from the hotel to Bayonne then the return for them for a total of $220. They said because they are leaving NYC they take the meter charge and double it, even though you aren't in the cab for the return trip. I was told it was legal for them to do this. I don't live in NY so don't know if that's a TRUE statement or not, but it's what I was told. Super shuttle will go from JFK to downtown hotels for about $17 pp, but they won't go to the pier in New Jersey. SO I found a limo company www.conytransportation.com with a minivan that will take the two of us from downtown hotel to Bayonne pier for $80+tip, tolls and taxes. Then from Bayonne to JFK for $ 90+ taxes, tip and toll. For a grand total of $210. That was the best I could do, but if you do a search for this, there have been other locals that say they do limos for $65. You could also do Celebrity transfer to Newark Airport then a shuttle to JFK. We just didn't want to have to hassel with our own luggage. Good Luck!:eek:

How do we transfer from Zenith in NJ to JFK? Can someone give me advice as to the best way to do it, as well as the most economical? I talked DH into the repo from Tampa to NJ in April. The price was great but the air is going to kill us, I'm afraid.

Why don't you look into Newark on Air Tran or one of the other budget carriers? Their one way airfares are pretty reasonable and Newark is so much closer to Port Liberty than JFK. You'll save tons of money transfering between Port Liberty and Newark and it's very easy.

Just a thought.

Eileen

Ships R Great,

When we booked our cruise, we booked the Custom Air also. WE figured with 4 of us and all our luggage, the price included transportation from Port Liberty to JFK. Last year on our TA cruise, we didn't get transportation because we were spending the night in New York. It was a zoo at the terminal trying to get transportation to our hotel. We had booked a limo and prepaid, then he didn't show up.......this time it was just as cheap to book air through Celebrity and we will be picked up at the port and taken to JFK....

Barbara

oh boy, will I be in trouble. I convinved Ed that this would be a good cruise for us based on cheap cruise fare and cheap air. Now I find that neither Air Tran nor JetBlue have flights from Dulles to Tampa and NJ or JFK to Dulles. We will have to book two different airlines, which is not so bad, but get our own transfers from NJ to NYC, which sounds awful. X air is $399pp. that is twice what the others are posting. what a mess!

I returned to Port Liberty last September and was flying out of JFK for the West Coast. My corporate trave agent booked a Town Car Limo from Boston Coach Limosine 800-672-7676. Rate was 133.00 (rate included 18 pct gratuity and fuel surcharge). Rate included up to 20 minutes waiting time. Very efficient.

Ships R Great - Yes, I was sure surprised too. When I found my own airfare from Los Angeles to New York for $258 roundtrip, I was so happy. Then I started searching for ground transportation from our hotel in Mid-Manhattan and about had a heart attack. One cab told me $450 to go from the hotel to pier/pier to airport.:mad:

And Celebrity doesn't do transfers to JFK. They do Newark and La Guardia, so you might want to try doing yiour flights there. I think the C Vacation Planner told me like $45 to Newark and $65 to La Guardia. I even tried the C transfer to Newark then Newark Airport has a shuttle over to JFK, but $45 x 2 is still $90. And we would have our luggage to wrestle with. I think we have too much luggage for just a limo, so found a limo service that has a mini-van. So we will do the Super Shuttle from JFK to hotel for $17 each, then the private mini-van for $210. So Ground transportation will be about $244, so did I save much, airfare at $258 + $244, I don't know. My sister-in-law used her air miles for her airfare to Newark and booked Celebrity transfers, but she isn't staying in New York the three days like I am.:p

Good luck with your search, and hope you have a great cruise.

Ships R Great

I just went on jetblue's website & they do fly from Dulles to Tampa. They also fly JFK to Dulles not newark. Good Luck with your travel plans. I too would see what the charges are for X's transfrer's that might be more cost effective.

hisfirstm8,

Are you sure you are flying JFK? That's really surprising that they would tell me they don't do transfers to JFK, but then they'd book your airfare to JFK? I won't be a happy camper if they will now do a transfer.:mad: When and where are you sailing? Maybe the ship/itinerary makes a difference?

I just called Celebrity, and they will go to JFK when you book their air. But because I booked my own air, they won't accommodate me.

We leave on our cruise on April 13, 2007. It is a 15 night cruise out of Tampa, returning to Port Liberty on a Sat. We booked the custom air through Celebrity because it was just as cheap when we figured in the cost of a taxi for four of us to the airport. We will just fly back to Tampa and drive home.

We were given the choice of Newark, JFK and Lagurida.

Barbara

Archived