The Devil Wears Prada the movie

Well I went to see the movie this afternoon. The fashions are beautiful, the jewelry is beautiful. What can I say, from a fashion standpoint, I highly recommend it.

I won't tell anything else so as not to give away anything in the movie. I loved the movie. DH thought it was "amusing".

saw the movie tonite.. fashions were great.. movie was good, probably will get Streep up for an Oscar... if you love fashion, you'll enjoy the movie..

I'm so excited to see this! I wasn't all that impressed with the book, but the fashion will make the movie worthwhile for sure! I've heard it is better than the book also, if so, that would be great! :D

I was not impressed with the book either, was a little bored with the book actually. The fashions made it worthwhile and for me that was the purpose of the movie, lol. I won't go further about the movie so as not to spoil for anyone else.

Enjoy!!

Just home from seeing the movie! (Had to see Superman first for the DH!) We all really enjoyed both movies actually. What's not to enjoy? Hunky Superman for the first movie and all those wonderful fashions in the second movie!

Just home from seeing the movie! (Had to see Superman first for the DH!) We all really enjoyed both movies actually. What's not to enjoy? Hunky Superman for the first movie and all those wonderful fashions in the second movie!

I am right there with you. We went to the "midnight" showing of Superman late Tuesday night. Brandon Rothe (sp?) is not as cute as Christopher Reeve was back in his day, but I think he filled the tights quite nicely.

Hubby and I saw the Devil Wears Prada Saturday Afternoon. He kept saying Meryl Streep reminded him of Cruella DeVille, he loved it. She is like the femail version of Christopher Walkin, She just naturally looks scary. Hell, I would not wanna work for her. LOL I am not into the lastet big fashion names, but I loved the movie! Never read the book though and from the sound of it, I guess that is a good thing.

We will see it Wed. nite after my daughter gets off from work. I tried to get her to see it with me this past Fri. but she did not want to spend a week-end night with good ole Mom! Not that I blame her! Hubby isn't interested. He did go see ole Superman Sat. nite though-and I was not intersted so I didn't go with him.

I'm so excited to see this! I wasn't all that impressed with the book, but the fashion will make the movie worthwhile for sure! I've heard it is better than the book also, if so, that would be great! :D

hi beth.. i noticed you did millie in 04, eastern.. we are doing her dec. 10 eastern also.. not very port intensive but my friends wanted that particiular ship.. the stops are san juan, dominican republic and st. thomas.. the rest are sea days.. i've been to the ports before but will enjoy doing the kandela show again in DR and probably snorkel and shop in st. thomas..

Well I'm the Superman fan not DH, he won't ask to go see that movie for sure, lol, although I may if nothing else is out that interests us. I want to see the Lake House, anyone see that with Sandra Bullock. Love her new hair cut.

Momofmeg, let us know what you think, have fun and enjoy.

I loved Streep's earrings, especially 2 pair, in the opening, I think those were from Bergdorf's, I saw similar ones at Bergdorfs (the hoops), but then she has another pair of hoops, that have something big in the center hanging, loved those even more.

Hathaway's necklaces were great a lot of Chanel oh the bling bling was so nice as well as the clothes, lol.

Hubby, 15-1/2 year old daughter and I saw the movie yesterday afternoon

and we all loved it. We are big Meryl Streep fans. And then we enjoyed

Prairie Home show last night on PBS "Great Performances."

Now I want to find the perfect classic black formal for our cruise - just

like Ann Hathaways!!! ha ha

This wasn't Anne Hathaway's most challenging acting role, but as always, I really enjoyed seeing her. Looooved the clothes though I do wish they'd cut out a few of the jokes that implied a Size 6 was not fashionable. (There's the realities of the fashion world and there's also the realities of insecure girls who might watch this movie. )

The boyfriend also enjoyed the movie. He was all for seeing a boss worse than his :)

hi beth.. i noticed you did millie in 04, eastern.. we are doing her dec. 10 eastern also.. not very port intensive but my friends wanted that particiular ship.. the stops are san juan, dominican republic and st. thomas.. the rest are sea days.. i've been to the ports before but will enjoy doing the kandela show again in DR and probably snorkel and shop in st. thomas..

I loved the millie! X's Millennium class ships are lovely! We've done two and will go to Europe on one next summer again. The eastern caribbean is always nice, nothing exciting, but a good vacation none-the-less. Have a great time this December :D

Saw the movie this afternoon, it was pretty good.

Did anybody see "In her Shoes" this past winter, my all time favorite movie.

I saw that recently! What a great movie! Toni Colette was wondeful, and I enjoyed seeing a new side of Cameron Diaz as well! I really recommend it as well :D Oh, and of course, when you got to see the shoes in it, they were fabulous! lol

Just saw "The Devil Wears Parada" today and really enjoyed it, but I did resent the frequent references to Anne Hathaway's "weight problem" and her size six clothing as if she were 350 pounds. Actually Streep was heavier than Hathaway and even Steven Stucci was! But I know the fashion industry does hold any woman over a size two in utter contempt.

I think what is compelling about the movie is that almost everyone has had a really mean boss at some time. We can relate to the problem. They could do an exact movie with a law firm or a Washington political firm or a doctor's office, etc. Hey, I know! A cruise ship with a really mean cruise director. Mean bosses are in every industry and profession.

I'm a Streep fan and Friday I'm off to see this movie.

I can somewhat relate, I used to be an Excutive Assistant to a Managing Editor of a major Sports Magazine in NYC.

Maybe I should have written a book on my experiences....needless to say I'm more interested in fashion than sports.

Can't wait to see both her new movies. I'm probably going to want to buy new clothes after watching the movie.

Just home from seeing the movie - wow - I loved all the great clothes. Once I shed the pounds I've put on in the last two months I really, really need a new wardrobe. Nothing in my closet is anything like what I saw.

Meryl Streep was such a "B" and I adored Anne Hathaway.

PS - I often thought of my last boss while watching the movie. Makes my "retirement" even sweeter.:)

Meryl Streep was such a "B".............

Yeah well, so was her boyfriend in a passive aggressive way. And so was her "best friend" who loved the freebies like her new blue handbag but got pissed off when Andy got a kiss in public from a business contact. The only ones supportive of Andy were the male friend, the art director (Stanley Tucci) and her co-worker.....and Andy was a B*... to her by ruining her Paris trip - as Meryl Streep pointed out so well.

Yeah well, so was her boyfriend in a passive aggressive way. And so was her "best friend" who loved the freebies like her new blue handbag but got pissed off when Andy got a kiss in public from a business contact. The only ones supportive of Andy were the male friend, the art director (Stanley Tucci) and her co-worker.....and Andy was a B*... to her by ruining her Paris trip - as Meryl Streep pointed out so well.

Jane, you took the words out of my mind. That is exactly what I said to my DH when we were discussing the movie over dinner.

I couldn't agree more with what you wrote. I thought I was the only one who felt like that.

I really thought the gf was wrong, she really grabbed that blue bag and the makeup but then turned around and criticized her as she is piling stuff in the handbag and hugging it. You are right the only supportive people where the ones you mentioned.

Thanks for posting this, I feel more normal right about now in my way of thinking.:)

Archived