The Devil Wears Prada the movie

I loved the movie and was surprised at how much fun it was--I was expecting a real nasty, sarcastic bent because of the Meryl Streep role. She did her usual fantastic job. Although the fashions were great, let's face it, pretty darn impractical/unwearable unless you live that life, probably in NY or Rodeo Drive, and are a size 0-2 to boot. And tall! But, as usual, the high-style fashions will dribble down to us real folks somewhat toned down and more wearable.

I was very put off by the so-called 'fat' Andrea, who was as slender as a reed and perfect, being ridiculed into losing weight. I sincerely hope that all the young teen girls I saw at the movie don't go home and start starving themselves to fit into this mythical idea of extreme skinnyness as the ultimate body. Because the truth is that only a very small proportion of people can possibly look like this no matter how hard they try.

I loved the movie and was surprised at how much fun it was--I was expecting a real nasty, sarcastic bent because of the Meryl Streep role. She did her usual fantastic job. Although the fashions were great, let's face it, pretty darn impractical/unwearable unless you live that life, probably in NY or Rodeo Drive, and are a size 0-2 to boot. And tall! But, as usual, the high-style fashions will dribble down to us real folks somewhat toned down and more wearable.

I was very put off by the so-called 'fat' Andrea, who was as slender as a reed and perfect, being ridiculed into losing weight. I sincerely hope that all the young teen girls I saw at the movie don't go home and start starving themselves to fit into this mythical idea of extreme skinnyness as the ultimate body. Because the truth is that only a very small proportion of people can possibly look like this no matter how hard they try.

You know 10 or 15 years ago I would have worried about that too. but so many teen girls are overweight now. You know 20 years ago the over weight ones were women over 35 who had had two or three kids-not any longer-look at the teen girls good- I would say a good 40% are a size 16 or above. Now I blame that on Macdonalds and the other fast food places with their "supersizing."

Now I am glad we are not hearing as much about anorexia and bulemia as we used to-but now it has gone to the other extreme it seems.

Archived