Swedish archipelagos/ Kiel Canal

Which side of the ship is the better side to view the transit at kiel canal and during the passing of the ship along the swedish archipelagos? I just wouldn't want to miss the views. Thanks.:)

Either side is nice for the archipelago. What I do is park myself near the front of the ship (or aft) so I can move from side to side easily. If you mean to stay in your cabin on the balcony, well, I really can't say which side is best, both sides are nice.

Have a great time

Al

Which side of the ship is the better side to view the transit at kiel canal
When you enter the canal, there's a building on the port side where lots of people gather and you can see a small village, trees, etc. On the starboard side you'll see other ships entering the canal and other ships in the locks with you. As you transit the canal, there are views on both sides and you'll see people lining both sides. It's hard to say what's the "best." It takes several hours to transit the canal so you could spend time looking at both sides. If I were doing it again, I'd be on the port side when entering the canal and make sure I was far enough forward so that when they flip the funnel you can see it from a distance and get good pictures.

We were outside on deck, on the aft end of the Prinsendam last summer for the transit of the Achipelago and the Kiel Canal. The only time I went up towards the bow is when the CD announced we were approaching the Rendsburg transporter bridge. Not only was the bridge amazing, on the north side of the canal, townspeople were out waving and they had a band playing music serenading our ship as we went by. The Kiel Canal transit is one of the best "sea" days we've ever experienced and the Archipelago is just beautiful.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Archived