New RCL excursion page.....love it or hate it?

:mad: I HATE it!:mad:

I have fasssssssssssssst DSL connection and the pages take FOREVER to load!!!

I really think that RCCL needs to talk to their website designer and get their money back, because the website takes way to long to load. I feel sooooooo sorry for those people who have dail up connection. They must have enough time to eat a meal while they wait for one page to load! GEZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!:eek:

Any online booked excursion can be cancelled up to 10 days in advance to the cruise and fully refunded. You even can still cancel onboard (I know which was not your question) up to a certain deadline that is published in the Cruise Compass. In most cases the deadline is between 24 - 48 hours prior to arrival at the port the excursion is scheduled for.

You can´t cancel or change any excursions in the time frame of 10 days prior to the cruise until you reach the ship.

Thanks a lot for a quick response:)

OK, here's a new twist to consider.....can you book excursions by phone with RCL if you have booked your cruise through a TA? I think even the phone would be faster.

It just seems that they made the excursion site much more difficult than it needs to be. Sometimes all the bells and whistles aren't worth it. We just want to be able to go online, see the excursions for our particular cruise and either book something or not!

:D

:mad: I HATE it!:mad:

I have fasssssssssssssst DSL connection and the pages take FOREVER to load!!!

I really think that RCCL needs to talk to their website designer and get their money back, because the website takes way to long to load. I feel sooooooo sorry for those people who have dail up connection. They must have enough time to eat a meal while they wait for one page to load! GEZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!:eek:

You saved me the trouble of typing the exact same words. I agree 100%.

Another vote for the old system............maybe once the bugs are worked out the new one will grow on me..........but like EG........I have a cruise in less than 100 days and all the ports are not available for booking........

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone tried to download the shore excursions? They have a link for that but when I try, it seems like it's downloading something but nothing ever appears. I've tried using both Netscape and IE and it did the same thing on both. Is it me or the web site? :confused:

I was looking at excursions for AOS 10/15/06 a while ago and recently decided to book. When I went back in, the format had changed, and now those excursions aren't on the list!! There are only 4 for St Lucia! I hope it is just that they are negotiating prices, and not that the trips are discontinued!

Just tried it and do not like it at all. Only two of the four ports are coming up with excursions. Maybe once they get it fully operational it will get better but why roll something out if it's not up to speed?

Not only is it not up to speed, but when I talked to a lady at the excursion desk she said they had been fighting with the program for months and when they put it up, they were still not close to working out the bugs. I can tell you the web techs are getting testy when you talk to them and so is the excursion desk. The excursion desk can't see anything more than we can on line (or so they say). They put the board up in June and said everything would be available in July...now it will be up in early August...want to try for September? Or we could wait until after we sail in October and then maybe enough will be working so we can see what we missed....ya think?:(:confused::(

Another vote for the OLD format. RCI is also missing some popular Eastern Caribbean port excursions for our next cruise that have always been available in the past, like the Americas Cup and BOB.

I haven't been able to browse any excursions for ports not on our booked cruises.

Anyone been on Bob since May? I ordered a couple of T-shirts off their website after we got back (None available there) and they still haven't shipped. I sent an email message about it and got the reply that "Things are in termoil over at BOB"

Archived