Conquest Room 8455

I found this board really useful when planning for my honeymoon. My wife and I stayed in Room 8455 on the Conquest and it was everything we hoped for and more. The two best things about this room are:

1. The wrap around balcony
  2. If you take an immediate right outside of your door and go up the crew stairwell one flight you end up 10 feet from the ice cream machine.

I have posted some photos of our room.

http://community.webshots.com/album/551924402eYKkkL

We just returned from the Conquest last week (how I miss it already!), and we were, I believe, in the wraparound right below you. -7445-

It was our first balcony, and I can't even imagine having a room without that huge balcony! We loved it....it was so worth the money!

I found this board really useful when planning for my honeymoon. My wife and I stayed in Room 8455 on the Conquest and it was everything we hoped for and more. The two best things about this room are:

1. The wrap around balcony
  2. If you take an immediate right outside of your door and go up the crew stairwell one flight you end up 10 feet from the ice cream machine.

I have posted some photos of our room.

http://community.webshots.com/album/551924402eYKkkL

We have this EXACT cabin in December. I've been looking for pictures of this cabin but have only found pictures of the Glory. Thanks again. Congratulations on your marriage. We will be celebrating our 20th anniversary. How private are the balconies? Can the people above your see the balcony? Also, if it rains, is the balcony somewhat covered? Also, there is a refrigerator, right? One last question: you mentioned the crew stairway. Can we use this? That would be nice!! Thanks.

Wow, this is so funny, we just got off the June 25-July 2 sailing, and cabin 8455 was ours!!! Thanks a million, lord.of.the.idiots, for posting your great shots of the cabin and balcony. I will refer folks to your album when I brag about how awesome those wraparound aft balconies are!

We booked the Conquest at the very last minute & were amazed when our TA told us he had been able to snag that cabin instead of a guarantee on an essentially sold out ship.... I feel very badly for some poor cruisers who obviously had to cancel at the minute and give up their cruise in cabin 8455.

It was, indeed, the best cabin we've had in 15 cruises (except for one fluke upgrade to an owner's suite). I spent a LOT of time out on that balcony. I even tried to sleep out there one night, LOL, but I couldn't get comfortable in the lounger, even with a duvet to cushion it.

Re: privacy, I wouldn't consider the balcony private as anyone standing at the floor-to-ceiling glass walls of the back of the Cezanne buffet seating area can look down on you. Is it likely someone will be doing that? No, although crew members might hang back there at times and check out what's going on below.

Re: rain shelter, no, there is nothing more than the tiny strip of overhang depicted in the photos. As for sun protection, it was pretty easy most times of the day, while cruising in most directions, to find a shaded place on one of the three sections of the balcony.

Re: the crew stairwell, we never used it, but unlike our experience in aft cabins on many ships, there is an aft stairwell & elevator lobby close by, so we didn't feel off in the boonies at all. In fact, the Conquest-class aft cabins are in an excellent location for the Cezanne buffet and the aft "adults only" pool & double hot tubs--both of which are on the lido deck 9 directly above, and the Monet dining room on decks 3/4 directly below.

Re: refrigerator, yes, there is a frig stocked with mini-bar items--you may ask your steward to remove them if you wish. We didn't touch it all week, so I can't tell you how much space there is for your personal items if you don't have the mini-bar items removed.

Slight negatives mentioned elsewhere: (1) yes, there is chair scraping noise overhead very early in the morning when the staff is readying the dining tables in the lido buffet for breakfast, but it must occur at dawn and clearly wasn't that bad, as we just rolled over and went back to sleep; (2) the steward (Zoran last week for 8455--he was very good) warned us there would be early morning window cleaning above that would cause water to fall on the balcony, so don't leave anything out that you don't want to get wet; and (3) it's difficult to keep the balcony free of trash that blows off decks above, so don't assume the steward is lazy.

Zoran was our steward also (we went the week of March 19). He was really great.

While the back of the boat does not offer any shelter from the rain, it did offer us just the right amount of shelter from the cold wind that we had on the way down to our first stop.

As far as privacy - it was pretty private for us - our neighbors never even said hi.

The crew stairwell is where they go to smoke. I would always run into someone on my way to the ice cream machine, but they never said anything other than hi.

Archived