seagrape vs rumpoint

sunmaid

We loved Seagrape when we were there back in May. The water was amazingly clear and calm. Barely a ripple at the shoreline. I hear the surf can sometimes kick up when conditions dictate. The sand was white and very soft. No rocks or shells to worry about. The slope was fairly gradual and you could see the ships from the beach. I would definitely go back there again.

We just got back from Rumpoint and enjoyed it very much - beautiful beach, shallow water for a long ways out - we saw a conch shell and barracuda without a mask - the water is clear! There are nice bathrooms and showers. The restaurant food is good! Hammocks and plenty of chairs. The shoreline is a bit rocky in areas but not all. Water shoes might not be a bad idea if you want to sit somewhere where there are rocks. I've never been to Seagrape so can't compare.

Sea grapes is part of Seven Mile beach. It is much easier to get a Van taxi to there than transportation to Rum Point. You will find rest rooms, lounges for rent, and water sports equipment available for hire also at Sea Grapes with a taxi que there continuously throughout the day incase someone wants to return to town earlier than others. Rum Point looks beautiful. We hope to go there in November, but it will be our 5th visit to GC and we have been to all of the other sites and beaches numerous times. I don't want to rent a car and drive on the Left which makes getting to Rum Point more of a challenge.

I vote for Seagrapes.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

Archived