8th CRUISE.......NO UPGRADE

luvemcruzes

Problem Is That I Have Been Spoiled. On Our Last 3 Cruises We Have Had Upgrades To Balconies.......but This Time I Booked An Inside Gtee And Received A 4a At Back Of Boat. Called To Question There Decision But They Suggested I Pay Extra To Get An Ouside 6b. With My Past Passenger Rate It Totalled A Huge $20........ I Have To Admit That I Travel With Carnival Because Of There Past Generosity And, Of Course, I Am Only 2 Cruises From Platinum, ..oh Well I Hope My $20 Helps and for the 1st time in a while i will have to make do with an outside.....if anyone has any suggestions they would be appreicated.

My suggestion is that you should always book a gty in a category no lower than you will be happy with! Upgrades are not all that common and though a lot of folks on the boards will say they have gotten an upgrade, it's not something to be counted on. Seems to me you've been lucky up to now! Enjoy your cruise.

I can't really fault them for not upgrading me, especially if other people pay more for better cabins. Of course, I've been in insides and have no problems with them ... so I guess GTY rooms don't really bother me, though I hope for the best!

When I've booked a guarantee I've always been upgraded to a HIGHER DECK, but I've never been upgraded outside my cabin range, i.e., inside to OV or balcony. If this has happened to you three times already you have been very lucky! I don't think there is any magic to how or when it happens - just the luck of the draw! :p

Let me get this straight... you have been upgraded three times from 4A guarantee to balcony? And you think it was because Carnival recognized you as some sort of special passenger?

Yikes, wake up, you were just totally lucky!!

How many people out there are like me and have never been upgraded from inside guarantee to balcony? I know it happens, just not that often.

I went on Carnival for the 1st time ever this last May. I booked an inside guarantee room because we were trying to go as cheap as we could. My wife had been on Carnival twice before and she suggested I call back and tell them she had cruised with them before. When I called them back, we got upgraded to a category 6D Oceanview stateroom on the Empress deck... plus they gave us $10pp back. I really didn't know if I stumbled into something or if they do this all the time. I've cruised mostly on Royal Caribbean in the past and they've never done anything like that.

Tim

Yep, just count your blessings that you were upgraded three times. MANY folks have taken lots more cruises than you and never rec'd an upgrade.;)

Count me as one-- I book picked cabins now since I have not got upgrades in the past--not even one deck. Tried this way 4 times.. NOT ONCE.

No reason to who gets upgraded and who doesnt.

You would think from reading this site, you just have to book a gty and you will get an upgrade, did not happen to us...

...and if you think about the logic of it, many who book a certain level, get only that level, it is just the nature of it.

8th Cruise, No Upgrades

Was wondering, do you book directly with Carnival or do you use an outside source like a TA?

We always have been upgraded nicely, we book directly with Carnival, the only 2 cabins I have ever booked specifically were my first cruise on the Holiday and my last cruise on the Valor, the L shape Cat.1a cabin 2465. All others have been Guaranteed and I will continue to book them that way.

Fred: do you think it really has to do with who you booked with?

(I have my theories also-- I believe the people who paid the most will get upgraded before the people who booked long ago) With booking my cruises over a year in advance thats why I never got upgraded.

Fred: do you think it really has to do with who you booked with?

(I have my theories also-- I believe the people who paid the most will get upgraded before the people who booked long ago) With booking my cruises over a year in advance thats why I never got upgraded.

Im booking within 6 to 8 months, but my Spirit Cruise for April is 1 year away when I booked it.

So far my upgrades have been awesome. I don't feel its who pays the most because all of my Cabins are all Cat.1a and Cat.4a.

My last upgrade, Oct. on the Pride. I booked the Cat.1a and got the Cat.6a my 2 friends that booked the Cat.4a were also upgrade along with me to the Cat.6a, cabins side by side to each other.

DianeF from CC was very happy with her upgrade. I crossed referenced our 3 booking numbers on that Oct. cruise.

I can't wait to see what we get this Sept. because since we have our SIL with us, things could be difference.

This Sept booking is though CVC on the Pride, Cat.4a with 3 of us in the cabin. I will let you know about the Upgrade soon. Cruise is only 67 days away and I should get a Cabin within the next 30 or so days.

For April on the Spirit, a year away since booking time, it will just be Wendy and I only, its was also booked with CVC and its also a Cat.4a guarantee. I will also tell ya what I got when it comes out, currently at 277 days away.

Fred

Archived