Long range weather website

rxmurphy

Check out this link

http://www.kroooz-cams.com

Scroll down and click on Port Cams (left side). There you will be given a choice of cities such as Vancouver, Sitka, Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan. Not only will you get a current view of the town, there is a link to the weather. It gives a 10 day weather forecast.

I have been tracking the weather for the last week (leaving tomorrow) and it literally changes daily. From unseasonably hot to average to raining to partly cloudy etc. I would never even consider looking further then 1 week out. I have lost hope and will once aging be loading up tonight "Volcano Joe" size steamer trunks to accommodate for the unknown. Every year I say "this will be the year we don't over pack" Yeah right! :D

We, too, tried to follow the long range forcast prior to our cruise on June 20. I believe that the last time I checked it was June 17 and it was calling for 60's and good likelihood of rain in every port. We had mid 80's and sunny skies in every port but Ketchikan where it didn't really rain but was sort of gray and a bit misty in the early morning. I think with Alaska you just have to be ready to accept what you get and make the best of it. In some ways our beautiful weather made us feel like we weren't in Alaska!

Lisa D

Pittsburgh, PA

NCL Star review to come someday soon!

Archived