Princess Grill Champagne Bar QE2

rjms74

One of the delights of having Caviar on the menu is not ordering it:)

Here here! Totally agree! Tried it many times and still don't like it, finally gave up - there is always someone around (namely DH) who will inhale any portion that I give up LOL

Here here! Totally agree! Tried it many times and still don't like it, finally gave up - there is always someone around (namely DH) who will inhale any portion that I give up LOL

Seems to me you haen't had the right stuff! Don't buy the supermarket variety! Tastes like something that got caught in the nets in Stonington and laid on the pier in the hot sun for three days! I shall have to bring some good stuff down to you!

Karie,

Who met a gent who used to live in Old Lyme and East Lyme at the Ormond Beach Elks club when I was down for my father's funeral! (I told him about you!)

Don't buy the supermarket variety!

They sell Caviar in your supermarkets? - Caviar, the roe of the sturgeon, not the roe of the monkfish or similar. I'm assuming that Cunard are using "real" Caviar - it's not another economy to bring their fares down.

Yes they do sell caviar in supermarkets here and occasionally I buy it for a treat. Cunard have served sevruga caviar when we have been on in the past.

The beauty of travelling with Cunard, at least in Grill Class is that they will try and offer anything you want if they can. While I won't eat blood pudding, Scottish 'slice' or tripe I am sure that if you asked for it they would try. (You can see that I am originally from the UK). My wife and I regularly order a complete Indian meal for dinner and it is remarkably good - it should be as the waiters tell me that 80% of the cooks are Indian!

When we travel next month I will be asking for caviar on my birthday and sherry trifle for dessert - the last time I was on a man asked for it on Xmas day - I saw it and when he left the dining room I asked the waiter to fetch over the rest of the big bowl - it was delicious.

I am sure that if you asked for it they would try.

They do. They get me black pudding regularly in the PG. Because it's such common fare in the UK I wonder if they provide it if requested in Caronia as well:confused:

Archived