inexpensive motel close by port of miami

srmmrm

We are 4 adults/3 children (ages 11-13). Three of us are single mothers w/children and are trying to find an inexpensive place to stay 2 days before our cruise (Carnival cruise leaving March 11th-18th). We would like an inexpensive place that can shuttle us from the airport to motel and motel to the Port of Miami, is there such a thing??

Nothing much inexpensive in downtown Miami or SB. None with airport shuttle/pier, etc. You may be better off staying near the airport. Have seen cruisers post reviews on Miami airport hotels that have been good - reasonable plus shuttle. Check out the hotel board as well for more information.

Does the Days Inn have free parking for the duration of the cruise? I'm looking for a hotel that has a port shuttle and free parking for a week that's reasonably priced. Found Baymont Inn and La Quinta so far.

I don't know abt the extended parking since we flew in....

We are 4 adults/3 children (ages 11-13). Three of us are single mothers w/children and are trying to find an inexpensive place to stay 2 days before our cruise (Carnival cruise leaving March 11th-18th). We would like an inexpensive place that can shuttle us from the airport to motel and motel to the Port of Miami, is there such a thing??

Not sure what inexpensive is to others but in Miami I think $174. with tax is inexpensive. I got this rate at the Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport South. This price includes transfer from airport to hotel, welcome cocktail, breakfast the following morning & a shuttle to the port. Not bad at all for Miami.

we got the Mariott Courtyard downtown for $60 (room w/2 double beds). When researching for our next cruise, I checked out the regular rack rate on the room and it's over $200/night! We'll definately be doing Priceline again.

Don't know about the real need for a free shuttle...the hotel we stayed at had their own guy they used and it was only like $5 pp to the port. And a regular taxi from the airport to the motel was only like $20 per couple.

I agree try priceline. We stayed at Miami beach Sheration 4 points paid 60. per night. If I booked direct it would have been 140. Near the pier there is not much to do but go to the Bayside Market which is nice if you only want one night, but if you want two I would try pricline for south beach & miami beach. A cab is not that much from there. We stayed once in the Days inn with the shuttle for a night. We check in late so we never used the pool but I found the hotel and surroundings dirty. Beware that area is not the safest. So thats way the next time I used priceline and stayed at the beach.

Check out the http://www.biddingfortravel.com website or http://www.betterbidding.com for hints and prices to bid on priceline.

Dito on using Priceline. I've had the very upscale Hyatt down town for $55. Near the people mover. Also have gotten the Doubletree Biscayne

Blvd for $45. Bid "downtown" and three stars.

I agree try priceline. We stayed at Miami beach Sheration 4 points paid 60. per night. If I booked direct it would have been 140. Near the pier there is not much to do but go to the Bayside Market which is nice if you only want one night, but if you want two I would try pricline for south beach & miami beach. A cab is not that much from there. We stayed once in the Days inn with the shuttle for a night. We check in late so we never used the pool but I found the hotel and surroundings dirty. Beware that area is not the safest. So thats way the next time I used priceline and stayed at the beach.

Do not try priceline for Miami Beach or South Beach unless you are only going with two people in a room. Miami Beach hotels are notoriously small and some could not fit more than two people in a room.

March is peak season.

I would also check out www.vrbo.com and consider a condo at the beach for two nights with all those people. I would try renting a minivan.

Archived