Sorry to be a pest - Sushi on CB

Rosefairy

I am sorry to not have remembered to ask this in my last post - I am a bit of a sushi-holic - Is there sushi available and what is the quality?

I seem to remember it once in Caribe Cafe (during Asian food night or some such), once in a weekly Eastern cruise. Quantity was plentiful, quality was par for all-you-can-eat midpriced Asian food buffet in the US Midwest :eek:.

I used to think it was pretty good till a Japanese client got us to eat the real thing from a hole in the wall in Chicago... No comparison whatsoever.

...Is there sushi available and what is the quality? Linda

Good morning, Linda.

I was looking for a previous thread about sushi on which I had posted. I can't locate it, so I'm guessing it's been archived. Someone else was asking a similar question, and I recall having said that "I don't want to burst your balloon, but Princess' sushi is nothing special."

The sushi displays at Cafe Caribe and Horizon Court have been beautiful and plentiful, to be sure, but very little of it is real sushi. There is some raw tuna and salmon but that's about it. The rest of the "sushi" is mostly veggies with mushy rice wrapped in seaweed.

I spoke to a buffet staffer about this during our last cruise and was told that there are health issues with serving raw fish, and Princess doesn't want to take chances with passengers becoming ill with more "real" sushi.

To answer your questions: There will be plenty of "sushi" onboard but it probably won't completely satisfy a "sushi-holic" ;) .

Bon Appetit and Bon Voyage!

Chris

I agree that the sushi looks good, and tastes average at best. One clarification, however. It is, in fact, real sushi, as sushi is Japanese for vinegared rice. All of the sushi on board does consist of the rice. It's just not very good sushi.

Archived