Luggage on land tour & locks

Macy Jean

Do I lock our luggage after we get to Fairbanks and I give it to Princess and they take it to the ship? Do I lock the laggage we send on to Mt. Mckinley Princess Lodge when we take the train to Denali for one night with a small carry- on? I am not going to lock it when we fly out of Baltimore to Fairbanks but I am not sure about the land tour. What do you think?

Thanks.

We use cable ties to secure our luggage when we fly. Although they can be easily cut off, it gives us a sense of false security. If TSA has to look into our bags they remove the cable ties and replace them with their own. We have probably used them for at least 10 round trip flights and have only had them replaced on 1 suitcase by the TSA.

We used TSA locks during the flights (even in Vancouver) and the land tour. Never had a problem. The TSA did open one bag on our flights to Alaska....the TSA locks worked wonderfully!

Happy Sailings!

I never lock my luggage either for the simple reason...what if I can't find the keys :confused:

I saw this happen in Hawaii many years ago...poor couple standing at the check-in desk wearing clothes they really wanted to get out of and had to wait for the hotel staff to find something to pry the locks open.

Lisa

We will lock all our bags (except carry-ons) when we leave home, including the "ship bag" . When we prepare our bags to be sent on to Mt. McKinley Princess Lodge we will lock them again. There are two keys, so my husband and I will each have one. No worries!

We just got TSA locks. I'm glad, because we used to have combination locks and I kept forgetting the comb..... :(

My husband locks them because he thinks it's safer. I lock them so I can tell the insurance company I did everything I could to secure the bag. Ours are soft-sided, so a quick slash gets a determined thief into the bag. I have no illusions a dinky little lock is really that secure, but I do believe in doing what I can.

Archived