embarkation photo

scrim67

Maybe because it's almost 4am and my cruise is only 3 days away but here is what my thoughts are at this hour.

You know those omnipresent embarkation photos that are taken as you board?

Well, this being my first solo cruise I'm trying to think of something interesting to accompany me in this photo.

In the past I had a wife, friends or family with me.

No ideas immediately rejected!

scrim

• 1 month later...

I'm glad it's not just me who thinks about these things. I'm going solo on 09-25 and the only thing that bothers me about being alone is the photographers. I feel kinda strange having my picture taken alone....

I'm glad it's not just me who thinks about these things. I'm going solo on 09-25 and the only thing that bothers me about being alone is the photographers. I feel kinda strange having my picture taken alone....

Rada - Don't give it a thought, just smile! Most of my cruises are solo, and this doesn't bother me a bit.

I'm hoping the OP decided to wear a patch over one eye and had a stuffed parrot on his shoulder.:rolleyes:

I felt a little funny having my picture made alone the first time but then the photographers were so nice that it was never uncomfortable after that. And it was not unusual for a crem member to pose with me for formal pictures, if I asked.

And it was not unusual for a crem member to pose with me for formal pictures, if I asked.

Hey....I never thought of that!! I am IMAGINING the STORIES I could tell my friends when I came home about the cute man/men I was photo'd with :eek:

Gexchan is right. Many solo cruisers will hang out in the photo gallery the first night looking through the pics just to see who else is cruising solo:-)

Personally, I've never given it a 2nd thought when having my pic taken solo. I always joke around with the photographer when it's my turn to step up to the plate, and say something like "Got room for "1"? They'll usually say something back indicating that they do LOTS of solos on every cruise, and usually have some rather unique poses to put you in to make the photo turn out well.

If you want to have some "fun" with your boarding pic, you could do something silly like bring a stuffed parrot and set it on your shoulder, or even bring an inflatable doll to stand at your side. I bet you'd get some attention from that photo!!

I always make a point to take a nice solo photo on formal night to give to my parents, and they've always turned out well.

On formal night, or any other night, I've seen photographers who will have 1 of the showgirls (you know the ones in the skimpy outfits wearing the large feather headress) to pose with the single guys. That would be a fun one to take back home and show your friends what it's like to cruise solo!

But seriously . . . I've never purchased any of my 18 embarkation photos, but rather have just used the gallery as a tool to see who else is cruising solo:-) Just make sure you're wearing a BIG smile, and maybe do something a little unique when the flash is about to go off. People will see your picture & think "Hey, now here's a FUN guy":-)

I wouldn't lose any sleep over this.

Happy sailing!

Annie

• 2 weeks later...

Archived